Chapter 41

YUMI'S POV:

"No, you hang up," I said and giggled. 

"No, you do it," Minho said slowly, with his husky voice.

I swooned. 

His voice is so hot.

"Well, I physically cannot hang up. I love hearing your voice too much to do so," I said.

I look down at the call screen on my phone. I saw his contact name paired with a little heart emoji and the fact made me smile. I looked at the timer which read that we've been calling for a few hours now as he let out a soft laugh.

"Then let's not hang up."

I smiled.

"Ye--"

I was cut off by my doorbell ringing.

Who is that?

"Bye Minho," I said and immediately hung up.

I stood up and slowly walked over to my door, a bit nervous. I tip-toed to look through my peephole and to my surprise my eyes settled on a soaking wet, shivering Hyunjin.

"God, what the hell is he doing? It's freezing!" I whispered.

I opened the door and stood there a moment, not processing the situation quick enough. Without my permission he let himself in, which I understand since it's cold outside, and I wasn't moving or talking.

I cleared my throat, "Hyunjin... are you okay?"

I was asking because numero uno: why the hell did he randomly come to my house at like 11 at night, and numero dos: he looked distraught. He had shifty eyes; they looked around, not being able to settle on one thing for more than two seconds. 

Then, he turned around and looked at me. "Me and Heeyoung are over."

My jaw dropped, as I cupped my hands around it.

"Jesus, Hyunjin... I... I'm so sorry," I said and walked over to him. "Um, let's sit down for this."

I led us to my couch, and he sat down.

"Actually, wait one second," I said and ran off. 

I scurried upstairs looking for both a towel and a blanket. I quickly grabbed the two items and headed back downstairs as fast as I could.

"Here," I said and passed them to him.

He simply shook his head, "No, I'm okay, thank you."

"Hyunjin, you're freezing! Don't give me that bullshit," I said and wrapped the blanket around him. I also proceeded to towel dry his hair for him a bit, but he took the towel away from me.

"Mimi, please. I need you to listen to me," he said in all seriousness. 

"Yes, of course, but do you want some tea first?" I said and stood up, "I don't want you to freeze."

"Mimi, sit down and just listen."

My eyes widened slightly at his seriousness. I slowly sat down, hesitatively, and nodded.

"Okay, so what happened?"

He sighed. 

"I was at her house. She wanted to take a shower and asked me to join her so she left the bathroom door open."

I nodded.

Gross, but okay...

"Like I said, I know she's cheating, but I could just never prove it. After she hopped into the shower I heard a message notification from her phone. I'm not sure what my goal was honestly... Maybe I wanted to check her messages to find something suspicious, or maybe I really did just want to tell her she got a notification, but either way, I went up to the phone and checked it. It was unlocked so I could see who the person was. I was right... she was cheating. I saw endless conversations on her phone proving that fact."