Chapter 40

A/N:

GUYS YOU LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM TO FINALLY POST THIS CHAPTER!! I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!

- - -

"So he lied."

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin said.

"God," I said and rubbed my face, "he really made you seem like the bad guy. I didn't know that you got cheated on. He said that you were going after his girl. He said that you liked her first, but you wanted her anyways. And when he hung out with her you got jealous... but now knowing that she was your girlfriend that makes a whole lot more sense."

He sighed, yet still kept an unbothered facial expression.

"You don't care?" I asked. "That he made you seem like an awful person?"

"No. It doesn't surprise me either," he said with a shrug.

I frowned. 

"Well, I'm sorry she cheated on you," I said placed my hand on his leg.

"I don't care. I'm just saying this so you can be cautious about Minho. Don't underestimate yourself. If you feel that there is a problem look into it."

I smiled. "Thanks. You make me feel a little less crazy."

He patted my head... and pulled me into a hug.

"Anytime."

I wrapped my arms around him in return.

"Okay, we should really get to sleep now. It's 2 am. Sorry for waking you up," I said and pulled away.

"Don't worry about it," he said and laid back down. "Goodnight, Mimi."

"Goodnight, Hyunjin."

- - -

HEEYOUNG'S POV:

"Hyunjin, how come Mimi was at your house today?" I asked.

I came over earlier, all excited to see him, then I see a stupid skank in his house. And now he's sitting on my bed, not even looking up from his phone, clearly not caring about what I have to say.

"For the hundredth time, she just stayed over because she had to work," he said annoyed.

"What work? You guys couldn't hire someone better than her?" I said and placed a hand on my hip.

"She's good at what she does, don't belittle her abilities."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "How do you think it makes me feel to find out that you have some girl sleeping over at your house?"

"We're just friends."

"Well I don't trust her. That skank would probably go for you even if she has a boyfriend."

Oh shit. Did I just say that out loud?

I saw his eyes flicker up from his phone, my sentence taking his attention... in a bad way.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You think you have any right to talk about being faithful?!" he said, raising his voice.

I lowered my head in shame. "No--, I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to say that. It's just... I'm really frustrated right now," I said softly.

"It's fine, whatever," he said and shrugged, directing his attention back to his phone.

"Is she going to sleep over again? For work?"

He hesitated before speaking. "No. She finally finished the painting she was working on and we paid her. So... she doesn't have a reason to come over anymore," he said and pressed his lips together, almost seeming a bit sad.