Chapter 54

It's been a week since that party and a week since Minho has texted me. I see him looking at me sometimes in the hallways, but I usually ignore him like I've been ignoring his messages.

I asked Chungha for an update on their sleepover and their relationship, but apparently nothing has happened yet. Boringgg. Maybe me and Jieun should step in and give them a little helpful shove.

I was putting away my textbooks in my locker when I felt a pair of arms drape themselves over my collar bones. I tensed up at first, but immediately relaxed when I recognized his scent.

"Guess who," he said.

"Shut up," I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Well, then guess what day it is," Hyunjin says.

"Hmm. The 13th?" 

"Friday, you dummy. Are you coming over today?" he asked.

"That's right, it's Friday! Friday the 13th!"

I removed myself from his arms and looked at him with a big smile... his immediately turned into a frown.

"Why do you have to ruin everything?" he groaned.

I simply laughed and patted him on the shoulder. You'd think this joke would be old by now, but I think I'll be teasing him about his scaredycatness until we're 80.

Woah did I really just think that? Do I really think I'll know him when I'm 80?

Weird.

- - -

I was fidgeting with my fingers as I watched Hyunjin whip up an awesome meal again. The Hwang's have a chef, but Hyunjin loves to cook so much that the man barely has a job at this point. 

I watched Hyunjin in his tank top as his muscles flexed while stirring the pot.

God, I'm such a perv.

He was sweating a little bit too, from the steam I suppose.

I am a perv.

"Mimi, can you grab the plates?" he asked.

"Yup!"

I quickly dashed to his cupboard and grabbed two plates for us. I brought them back to him and placed them beside the stove.

"Oh wait, and could you grab the little sauce bowl on the shelf above it?" he asked, still focused on cooking.

"Mhm," I nodded, even though he wasn't looking at me.

I headed back over to the cupboard and looked at the sauce bowl.

Damnit... that looks kind of high.

I quickly looked around to see if they had any stools laying around, but there weren't any in sight. I grunted and tippy toed, trying my best to reach the stupid sauce bowl. My hand disorderly flew from the left to the right trying to locate the damn thing I couldn't see.

This is embarrassing.

"My God," I heard Hyunjin say from behind me. He placed his hands on my waist and moved me beside him. I hate to admit it, but the small interaction sent butterflies crazily flapping around in my stomach.

"I didn't realize you were such a short gremlin, my apologies," he said and grabbed the stupid hard to reach bowl.

"I'm not short! I'm literally average!" I rebutted.

"Yeah, sure whatever," he said with a smirk. Then he walked towards the already set kitchen table.

I rolled my eyes and followed along.