Chapter - 20

"I've learned etiquette and order for today. I'll do my best to serve you. Please leave it up to me!"

Seeing Melissa clenching her fists and nodding her head with determination, Ashmit let out a small laugh. Still, those reliable words made him feel better.

It was the next day after arriving in the capital. Around noon, a picnic was held in the flower garden of the Empress Palace, where flowers were in full bloom. It was a place for people to chat freely in a peaceful atmosphere.

Today was the first time Ashmit appeared in public after becoming the Grand Duchess again. Perhaps because of that, while pretending not to see the eyes of the people, he was subtly conscious of himself. He drank his tea with a very calm attitude, while still feeling the intriguing gazes.

"What a good afternoon, Grand Duchess." Then someone came up to him and greeted him. Ashmit, who was feeling the tea's scent, put down his teacup and looked at the owner of the voice.

It was a familiar woman who appeared with a fresh smile.

"It's a big event for the royal family, so of course I thought you would attend, but I'm more than happy to see you." Her luscious red hair fluttered around her waist.

As Ashmit looked at the woman, he smiled quietly. "Long time no see, Lady Blair. No, Marchioness Jennes."

Cornelia Blair Jennes. As the only daughter of the Duke of Blair, she once conquered the social world, and married Marquis Jennes last year.

Although Ashmit didn't have a good memory about her, he knew her.

Because at one time, Cornelia was once considered to be Fernan's hidden lover.

Of course, the misunderstanding was resolved naturally, and in a sense, Ashmit felt a little happy.

"How have you been, Grand Duchess?"

Cornelia's eyes twinkled with interest. She was staring at Ashmit's face openly, but Ashmit answered with an indifferent expression. "I've been very well."

Cornelia glanced over the cheeks with a quick glance.

As proof of his relaxed answer, Ashmit exuded a very different atmosphere from before, he was completely different from when he looked so fragile that he would crumble to the touch, his delicate and beautiful facial features were the same as before, and he was now full of vitality, unlike back then when he only looked pitiful now he looks handsome.

Even among the ladies, there was talk about it once.

The atmosphere of Grand Duchess Caesar has changed a lot from before.

"That's a relief. In fact, I've often been worried since I heard that you had returned to the Grand Duchy. As before, I wonder if you'll be treated coldly by the Grand Duke ......... That's why."

Cornelia's lips were covered with a soft smile, and the hint of her smirk was pervasive. At the same time, she spoke with a voice that could be heard around her, so people's attention was focused on them for a moment.

Ashmit stared at Cornelia silently without any change in his expression.

By the time Cornelia felt strange about Ashmit's attitude, which did not seem to be embarrassed, Ashmit raised his lips.

"Marchioness is very considerate."

Ashmit, who opened his mouth in a calm voice.

"There is nothing to worry about, so don't worry."

And Ashmit turned to the other people who glanced at him.

Finally, Ashmit, who had Cornelia a eye contact and gave a harmless smile.