Chapter - 11

Grand Duke Caesar. The man who was Ashmit's husband.

It was a really random and unlikely idea. But at this moment, Cedric thought that that man might have been here... He was caught up in such a vain intuition.

Was this intuition? Or was it a revelation?

Either way, if this lie-like premonition was correct, the missing people might be safe.

"Priest, what are you going to do now?"

Looking at the silent Cedric, the paladin asked carefully.

Cedric pushed the despair that filled his heart to a corner for a moment.

And he turned his head with a barely calm face.

"I am going to the Formene Empire. There is something I need to check there."

For now, Cedric had to focus on that possibility. At the slightest possibility that the Grand Duke might have taken Ashmit safely. Even if it was an absurd assumption, he had to hold onto the string of hope. Otherwise, he couldn't stand this situation.

***

And at the same time, Ashmit was sitting in front of his window, looking into space. It has been two months since he came here. The eyelids, which had no strength, soon fell slowly.

Ashmit tried his best to recall his own absent memories so far, but he still hadn't figured out anything. On the contrary, his head felt like it was going to break. As if in his subconscious, he himself denied his memory. The point where his memory was cut off was probably just before he met Fernan.

However, Fernan didn't say anything about that time.

It was as if Fernan didn't care what Ashmit thought.

Ashmit suddenly spread his palms. A slight scar remained in the center. It seemed like it was caused by a sharp edge, but he couldn't remember when this also happened. While looking down at his hand for a while, he felt her his throbbing again.

".... Ah."

Ashmit lowered his head as he was, and took a small breath. He kept getting headaches like this over and over again, and he couldn't keep up with his thoughts for a long time. His hand on his window sill was trembling. He stumbled his way to the bed and laid his exhausted body down.

'It's hurt... '

Ashmit had headaches like this before. But after coming here, the same pain seemed to come more painfully. His forehead was covered in cold sweat. The sound of shallow breathing echoed through the bedroom. After moaning like that for a while, he suddenly lost his mind.

Then again, faintly, someone touched Ashmit's forehead. The hand, which was neither hot nor cold, with moderate warmth, stayed on him for a long time.

Ashmit's head was still confused, but he left the hand to stay as it was. Then the back of the firm hand gently pressed against his cheek.

It was a delicate touch that seemed to measure heat. As Ashmit gently lifted his hazy eyelids, a figure of someone entered his vision.

"... Cedric?"

The hand that had been roaming Ashmit's cheek stopped for a moment.

"I am fine...."

There was warmth in Ashmit's faint muttering words. What was now in his mind was a memory of one day.

Ashmit remembered Cedric, who was by his side and nursed him all night the day he collapsed after the first bleeding.

When no answer came back, Ashmit's eyes closed again. As he quickly fell asleep again, the stiff hand slowly retreated.