S2 Chapter 8: Selfish

En başından başla

But not all is lost. Once she had been forced to talk to me after she came to the service club, it seemed like she didn't completely despise me. Of course, the way she spoke and acted was completely faked, however the fact that she even decided to strike up a conversation was enough for me to want to see her again.

Y/N: "...Well, if it's just to listen, then I guess it couldn't hurt to go."

Yuigahama looked joyed to see that I was going, to the point where it looked like she was holding herself back from reaching out and hugging me. She bottled up her excitement, thanking me and then running off to our classroom.

I guess she didn't really take the time to think of what would happen once I come face-to-face with Yukino. Our relationship has only deteriorated with time, and it certainly shows no signs of stopping.

Timeskip to the end of the day | The Service Club

I stood outside the door, hearing Iroha talk with Yuigahama inside. Yukino didn't seem to make a noise, however I knew for sure that she was in the room, as I immediately didn't feel welcome once I had opened the door.

Simultaneously, Iroha and Yuigahama had brought their heads up to meet my face and greet me. Yukino didn't speak.

Yui: "Welcome!"

Iroha simply waved her hands at me, however she didn't smile. She could tell that there wasn't an entirely happy mood manifesting itself in the room, especially considering Yukino and I were in it.

Yui: "Well, let's begin! To start with, I believe we should find another candidate besides yourself, losing peacefully in the final vote." She spoke to Iroha confidently.

As I took my seat, I slowly began to realize that my chair had been straying further and further away from Yukino's side of the table to make room for Yuigahama. Regardless, I got comfortable in place, putting my bag down onto the floor.

Iroha: "That sounds good! But, I'd feel better knowing I lost to someone really amazing."

Yukino: "We've already made a pledge that the chosen candidate will announce."

Yukino spoke her first words, handing a slip of paper over to Iroha with the pledge. I took a moment to think, hesitating on whether or not I should speak, but in the end I spoke anyway.

Y/N: "If you've already made a pledge beforehand, doesn't that make the candidate you'll choose a puppet? What'll happen to the student council once they're actually elected?"

Yui: "...We just have to find someone that's capable-"

Y/N: "That'll just make things harder once you realize it. Hand-picking someone else to be the president is just making things worse for the council."

Yukino: "So what'll make things easier? Your method?"

She had her eyes dead set on mine, interrogating me as she spoke with her hands clasped together.

Y/N: "...Well, speaking strictly of this case, Iroha would lose the voter's confidence, and as a result she'd lose the election from a lack of votes."

Yukino: "Speaking 'strictly of this case'? You don't actually mean that, do you? You avoided the problem with Tobe last time as well." She referenced the fact that I directly intervened with Tobe's confession.