Chapter 9: Summer Vacation Part 3

Some time later...

Hachiman: "Sensei did say we had to be monsters for the test of courage, right?"

Miura: "What's with these cheap-looking costumes?" 

We all sat in front of four boxes that were filled with costumes and designs for us to wear. These costumes are, as we all know, used to scare the children to see which one would be the most courageous. Everyone wore a different costume, Ebina as a magical girl which is not even scary, Totsuka dressed as a witch but he's too cute to even be scary in it. Komachi wore a cat monster type costume. Yukino touched Komachi's ears and tail to test its fluffiness and gave an approving nod. 

Yukino: "It looks great on you." 

Komachi: "Thanks!" 

Speaking of Yukino, she wore an all white kimono, which made her appear as a ghost. 

Y/N: "You oddly fit extremely well with that kimono."

Yukino: "Thanks. You also look very good, as a zombie."

Y/N: "Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. Besides, I don't want to wear anything. It's not like I'll be doing the plan anyway."

Yuigahama: "Plan? What plan?" 

Hayama: "I would also like to hear this."

All of the others turned to me, albeit making me pretty nervous but I'll manage.

Y/N: "Well, it's fairly simple, to create a new relationship with someone, you have to destroy your already known relationship with that person. Kind of like a save file in a video game. What we're going to do for the test of courage, is simple. We're going to see how long their nice little friendships last for." 

Timeskip to find some bitches

Komachi: "And, next up is team #4!" 

Girls: "Kyaa!" 

Komachi was sending out the teams, in a random order. However, one team would be picked last to go, to separate the large amount of other kids that were also there. Once the time came, Komachi would send me a text for when she sent the last group, which would be Tsurumi and the other girls that were making fun of her previously. The test of courage has us littered around the forest, and as they take a specific path that they will have to cross, we will intervene. Then, the plan should go into action. 

As I thought to myself, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Yukino looking up to the stars. As a breeze comes by, she pulls her flowing hair behind her ear. After some time, the strong gust of wind finally comes to an end, and she seemed to have felt my presence, as she turned around to face me. With a slight tint on her cheeks, she quietly walks over to me and kneels down onto the floor. 

Yukino: "U-Uhm... How long were you there for?"

Y/N: "Long enough. However, if you did something embarrassing, I'm sorry to say but I ended up missing it."

Yukino: "Creep..." Is what she said, but she chuckled soon after, as if it didn't bother her too much. This lady is too confusing for me. 

Just then, I received a text from Komachi, the final group was now heading our way. Time to put our plan into action. 

Y/N: "Alright, they should be headed down now." 

Yukino: "...Ne, Y/N-kun..."

Y/N: "Mm?"