Side Story Chapter - No Lemons?

--- Behind the Scenes ---

Narrator: AYO?! LEMONS?!

Author: Ho? Who knows...

Narrator: Hey! You said that this was supposed to be a family-friendly book!

Author: It kinda is, in a way

Narrator: Then what about that title, huh?!

Author: Calm down. Why don't you take a read first before accusing me of being a pervert?

Narrator: ...Hmm, okay

Author: Good. Well then, shall we start this possibly-something-unique-chapter?

Narrator: ...That's a weird way of saying it's lemon

Author: For goodness sake, just read it before saying that word again

--- Start of Chapter ---

[St. Freya, 3rd POV]

The bell rang through the corridors before changing its course to the many classes in the school building. The class where Ray was in wasn't an exception, of course.

Himeko: "That's all for now. Class dismissed."

As she said that, Himeko grabbed the pile of books on the table before walking out of the class.

Ray exhaled a breath of relief as he closed his notebook. He noticed that most of the other students---girls---were making their way out of the class. Where they went to wasn't something he had to know since it wasn't his resposibility to know.

Lei: "Ray."

Ray: "Hm?"

After he did so, Lei called him and he looked at his side---where Lei sat. Both of them sat side-by-side, after all.

Lei: "Did you understand all of that? What Himeko taught just now?"

Her expression showed that she was curious at his answer.

Ray: "Hmm... Kinda? This is still out first year, after all. It's normal not to understand every single thing."

Lei nodded her head to agree with what he'd said.

Lei: "Yep. So it's not wrong for me to not understand a single thing, right?"

Ray: "..."

He gave her a blank look.

Looking at her brother's reaction, Lei giggled.

Lei: "I'm just joking. I understand most of it, okay?"

Ray: "...sure."

Even though he doubted what she'd said, he nodded his head anyway.

Lei: "No. Seriously. I understood most of it, okay?!"

Ray: "Okay okay! You don't have to shout!"

The remaining girls in the class jolted at the loud voice and looked at the source, that being Ray and Lei. As they realized that they were being looked at, Rat stood from his seat and quickly went out of the class---Lei followed him as well.

Ray: "Ugh, being stared at isn't really a comfortable thing..."

Lei: "I'm sorry..."

At his grumble, Lei dropped her head a bit and apologized. Looking at his little sister's earnest apology, he sighed and patted her head.

Ray: "...sigh. It's fine. It's about time we meet with the others anyway."

Lei: "Hmm? Others...? Oh! You mean the trio?"