Chapter 41

[Forest, Himeko's POV]

Okay, now that I'm here. What actually happened ?

I thought as I stood on the exact spot where Lei last disappeared, there were only trees all around me.

Hmm... Huh ?

A question suddenly appeared in my mind as I could feel honkai energy and... An unknown energy from below me, in other words underground.

Hmm, activate X-Ray.

My view changed, now I could see that there was a buried door and there was a line from it connected to a tree beside it.

I walked to the tree and touched it, pouring in some of my suit fragments to hack it. And not long after that, the ground shook and slowly split open.

A door slowly revealed itself, the shaking stopped when the door was fully revealed. I walked closer to it and noticed that it looked like a normal door with a knob, I spun it and opened the door.

A stairs with what seemed like endless appeared before me, and the honkai energy now felt closer as well.

Deep breath... Okay, you got this. You've gone through worse before, this is nothing compared to it.

But before I walked in, a call arrived. It was from Theresa, so I accepted the call.

Himeko : "Did something happen, Theresa?"

Theresa : "Your signal, it disappeared."

Himeko : "Wait, really?"

Theresa : "Yes, are you okay?"

Himeko : "I'm fine, I was just about to enter this endless staircase to the deep abyss."

Theresa : "You what?"

I explained to her and after that she understood what I meant.

Theresa : "I see, be careful though. We don't know what could be inside, let's hope there is nothing life-threatening."

Himeko : "Ahaha, since when did something that contains Honkai didn't have a threat?"

Theresa : *Sigh* "You're right, but I just wanted to be positive, you know?"

A small laugh was heard from the other side of the phone.

Theresa : "Anyway, come back alive, got it? I don't know what I will do if you're gone, and how will the kids react."

Himeko : "Yeah yeah, Well, see you later."

The phone call hung up just after Theresa said "See you". My gaze then landed back to the bottomless stairs, I started to walk inside.

[Facility Basement, Lei's POV]

Dad : "Oh? It seems like someone just entered the facility."

He said suddenly as a screen showed up in front of us, it looked like we were looking from a security camera. The main door, the one where I found a skeleton with a card beside it, opened. A woman then appeared, it was Himeko.

Lei : "Himeko?!"

Dad : "Hmm? Himeko? Ah, I see. So it's her huh."

Lei : "Wait... What did you-?"

Dad didn't say anything as he continued on watching the screen, it showed that Himeko was walking through the hallway until she arrived at the lobby.

[3rd POV]

While Lei and her Dad were watching Himeko through the screen, Leila was staying silent the entire time. Her eyes were closed but she wasn't sleeping, rather she was actually doing something that would get them out.