You are my peace in my toubled sea

It has been two and a half years now. The family is as happy as ever. Not much has changed and still it felt like everything has changed. Maya was still Captain, still loved running, she still had the station family and she was still in quite good contact with her mother. Carina was still Head of OB/GYN at Grey-Sloan, she still loved cooking and italian music and she still messed up american idioms. They still lived in their two bedroom apartment, as there just wasn't any time up until now to find a bigger home and they loved eachother to the moon and back. But they now had three two and a half year olds. Meena has blonde wavy hair and beautiful blue eyes. She looked a lot like Maya and behaved like her aswell, she was energetic and loved running and jumping and climbing on anything and everything. Louise had long curly brown  hair, she was quieter than her sister, but she could stand her ground if she wanted to. Her brown eyes resembled those of Carina to a fault. They were so amazed how much all of their girls, but especially Louise had of Carina, eventhough they weren't genetically related to her. Ellie was blonde like Meena. If it wasn't for Ellies disability, they probably would look really similar. Ellie was diagnosed with cerebral palsy just after her first birthday. At two and a half she couldn't walk or speak, but she would still parttake in all the activities. She would laugh at Meena jumping on the sofa and she loved it when Louise played with her with the stuffed animals. The girls were wonderful together, they all went to the hospital daycare and while they would play seperatly, they would always help eachother if the other needed help. Louise had shown a big interest in cooking and so Maya had built a learning tower for her to stand in the kitchen and help Carina. That made Carina increadably happy. She had started cooking with her Mamma, when she was just a little older than the tripplets and doing that with her daughter made her heart grow. Meena loved going to the gym with Maya. She would jump on the tiny trampoline and  run around the small station gym. Ellie loved snuggling with her moms in bed. She loved Carina singing to her and Maya blowing on her tummy. She would giggle and screech with laughter.

At the station a lot of things had changed. Andy had found a man, Domenik a lawyer, who she was utterly happy with and they were thinking of marriing soon. Jack and Jo were living together in a small house with a back yard and expecting another baby. Luna was absolutly happy to have a little sibling. The 6 year old had started school this year and was doing increadably well. Jo was already hoping her to become a doctor aswell, but there was still a lot of time. Vic and Theo were as happy as ever. They had decided not to have kids. Both not really wanting them and being happy with being the cool aunt and uncle. Pru loved playing with all her station cousins. Her and Luna were really good friends and they loved bossing the younger kids around. The younger kids beiing the Deluca-Bishop triplets and Travis and Emmets son Josua, which they adopted. After Emmet came back from Europe, him and Travis met again and fell in love again. Emmet was doing big commissonal artworks and got quite the name in the local business. In his freetime he would do workshops for kids and adults. After a near two year relationship the two men decided to get licenced as foster parents and after having Josua with them for a few months they decided to adopt him. Eventhough so much has changed the station 19 family still found themselves at a barbeque at Travis and Emmets house almost every weekend they were off.

It was June 4th when Maya was surprised by a visit of the chief. She had just changed into her uniform for their shift and gotten ready as Chief Ross knocked on her door. "Chief Ross. Hi. Come in." Maya said stunned. "Hallo Captain Deluca-Bishop." The chief said. "I am not going to stay for long, i just wanted to tell you, that you are in the running for battalion chief. As you know your batallion chief is resigning to the end of August and we need a replacement. You are in the running, if you want. Here are the terms and condition, we will watch your actions and shadow your calls from time to time, as we do with the other applicants."
"Wow. Thank you." Maya said shocked taking the papers out of Chief Rosses hands. "You are very dedicated to your job and i like that about you. I my opionion you would be a good fit, but it is not my solem desicion so give it your all, Deluca-Bishop." She said and stood up to leave. "Thank you." "Good Bye. See you soon." "Good bye." Maya said as the chief closed the door. Maya let out a breath. "What?" she sighed and fell into her chair.
There was another knock at the door. "Hey." Andy said. "What did the chief want?" "I am in the running for Battalion Chief. " Maya blurted out. "What, that is amazing. I love that. Maya. Congratiolations." "Wow. Yeah. But right now, i am just in the running. Its not going to be easy and i don't know if Carina would like it. I am already working so much and with the girls. I have to talk this over with her." "But it inevitably ment more time with the girls. You could do home office more often and inspections and stuff are sceduled so you have a much more strucktured weekschedule. Exept for when you are on call you don't need to worry. And you only get called for 3-4 or 5 Alarm fires which is like 4 times a month. You'd be much safer." "You are right. I just have to present it to Carina that way." Maya smiled.

Then she took a deep breath. "How was your date with Dominik?" "Oh it was so great." Andy started and rambled about the evening until they were disrupted by a call.