Working With A Demon

It's been a few hours since  we left Sam. I feel bad for him and sorry, but it's for the best. At least I hope it is.

The three of us are in the Impala. Sadly, I'm stuck in the back, which I don't see the point of. Crowley can disappear and reappear whenever anyway.

We're looking at a building, looking at the people inside.

"Demons?" Dean asks, talking about the people inside.

"Nah. Human shields. The demons are up top-- 12th floor." Crowley says.

"We'll have to find a way in through the back." I say, Dean nods.

"You people make everything so complicated." Crowley disappears.

"Ah, crap." Both Dean and I say at the same time. Then we see Crowley inside slitting the security guard's throat.

My mouth opens and nothing comes out. Dean on the other hand won't shut up.

"Oh, crap. Crap! Crap!" Dean goes on.

We get out of the car and run to the door and knock on it.

"Door's open!" He yells. Dean and I walk in and give him one of Sam's bitch faces.

"What?" Crowley says, looking innocent, even though he is way from it.

"You killed them?!" Dean yells.

"We're on a tight schedule. Come on. Please." He says. Both Dean and I sigh and follow him even though neither of us want to.

We go into an elevator. Crowley doesn't go inside. "Go get 'em, tiger." He says. I'm alarmed.

"Wh... you're not coming?" I say.

"Oh, no. It's not safe up there. There's demons." He says. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"Yeah, I get that." I say. I shake my head.

"Look, just do what I told you two, and try to be convincing. It'll work like a charm. Trust me." He says and with that, disappears and the elevator closes. I look at Dean angry.

"What?" He says while I'm staring at him. 

"You're an idiot."

*******************

We get through to a door, where the demon Brady is. 

He smiles. "Dean Winchester...." He looks at me and gets an even bigger grin. "And Isabel. The Isabel for that matter. It's a pleasure." He says.

"I don't think it's very neutral." I say. He winks and looks at Dean.

"So, no appointment?" He asks. Seriously, why do almost all the demons I meet have some sort of humor that they over use?

"Kind of an 11th-hour thing, you know?" He says. I shake my head.

"Well then, you're just on time. Have a seat. How's Sam?" He asks. Both Dean and I sit down on a couch, Brady in an office chair. We stay silent.

"Well, down to business, then. What can I do for you two?"

"Actually.." Dean starts saying.

"It's what we can do for you." I say. He looks at me amused, obviously he has some sort of demented situation in his head. Which I don't even want to think about.

"Really?" He winks at me again.

"Not like that...." I say, then Dean continues.

"Me and Sam dropped two of your jockeys. I think you know that." Dean starts off with.

"Yes. I got the memo." He says, now unamused.

"Well, we kept their, uh, secret power rings." He says, surprisingly I'm perfectly calm, even though both Dean and I are surrounded by demons that want to probably kill us. Although I think Brady would have different plans with me. I really don't want to think about it.

Brady nods. Dean continues. "Which is why We're here. We heard some folks saying that you wanted them back and you were willing to pay." I can tell Dean is nervous, although I'm pretty sure Brady can't.

"Okay... Where are they?" He asks.

"Not here. But you want them, you'll come with us. Nice and civil. We'll get out of your little Batcave here, and we'll discuss a transaction." Dean says. 

"Who says I want them?" He asks. Dean doesn't understand what he means.

"What?" I tap him on the shoulder and shake my head for him to stop talking. 

Brady clears his throat. "Who says, I want them?" He asks again. This time I answer.

"You know.... " I kinda blank out. I don't know what to say. Dean saves me though.

"Folks." He says. 

Brady doesn't look pleased. "See.... War and Famine, even if I could cram the rings back on their bony fingers, I doubt it would do much good. They're withered husks right now." He stands up and walks over to us. "Fetal position on the floor. All thanks to you. So I don't want the rings. What I want is retribution. And I'm gonna rip it right out of your ass!"

Both Dean and I stand up quickly, but it's late. Both Dean and I are thrown into the hall way. My head hits a wall and my vision goes funny for a few seconds.

I hear Dean groan. "This.." I hear Brady laugh. "Is so good." He says, pleasure in his voice.

He walks to Dean and starts kicking him. I stand up, a little dizzy and start running toward the demon. He puts his hand out and I hit the wall again.

"Sorry Princess, I don't want to ruin the merchandise, so stay put." I hear him say. The pain in my head increases and I try to stand back up but I can't. I'm seeing stars.

"Therapeutic, for sure. You know, Dean, I really owe you one, buddy, cause I feel so much better!" Brady says as he keeps kicking Dean.

I open my eyes. The light hurts my head, but I can still see... sorta. Things are kinda spinning, but I need to save Dean. I grab a chair and throw it at the demon. It only distracts him for a second, but Dean uses that time to grab me and run to the elevator.

We push the buttons fast and try to get the elevator moving.

"Where are you going? We're just getting started!" The demon yells.

The elevator shuts and I use the brief time to get my breath back.

We exit on the ground floor. Brady appears behind Dean, but before I say anything he's hit on the head.

"Stop!" I yell, although it doesn't accomplish anything.

"Good meeting guys. You know, I'm excited." He says smiling at me again.

I glance behind him to see Crowley, I quickly look back at Brady to not draw attention to Crowley.

He drops a sack covering in a devil's trap. Then he bashes his head in with a crowbar.

"Evening, Uncle." He says smiling.

Dean blinks and gets up, I help him. "What the hell was that?" I yell at him. The loud noise hurting my still pounding head.

"That was perfect." He says.

Dean pushes me away gently, now standing by himself. "Perfect? He didn't want the rings. He wanted us!" Dean yells at Crowley. I would too, but he got there first.

"Imagine the surprise on your faces." Crowley goes on. 

"What?!" Both Dean and I yell.

"Your ignorance and misinformation. I mean, completely authentic. You can't fake that." We both give him a bitch face again. "What? It went like clockwork." Crowley says like it was nothing.

"Not for us, you son of a bitch!" Dean yells

Crowley shrugs. "That's what you get. Working with a demon."

For once the psychotic demon had a point.