Chapter 30 - This Is It

Start from the beginning

"Yep, that's me. So, you have heard about me?"

"I have and I have heard a lot about Captain Wilson too. I have always wanted to ask you something.", he says and turns to me.

"Maybe I will be able to give you an answer, if I knew what the question was."

"What does your call-sign stand for?"

"Hold on. I want to hear it too!", someone from the back of the room says loudly. Thunderbird #6 joins our little group. Captain Oliver "Hulk" Anderson reminds me with his build, voice and call-sign a little bit of Hyde. I could only hope that he is nothing like Hyde.

"I kind of need to disappoint you there, because usually I only explain my call-sign over a beer. Since I will be flying back to Fallon later this day, that won't be happening. With all respect, Sirs.", I tell them and shrug my shoulders.

"Ah, I see you already met a few of the other officers on this team.", Lt. Colonel Colton says behind #4 and #6. Both of them immediately make room for #1.
"Are you joining us for lunch, or are you going somewhere else?", he asks them and looks from one to the other.

"Oh, I will definitely join you. There are couple of things I want to ask Jabba.", Major Davis says and then he looks at Dave. "I hope you don't mind me using you call-sign."

"No please, go ahead. Almost everyone in Fallon calls me Jabba as we try to create an atmosphere in which it is more comfortable and approachable to work. So far, I didn't have to deal with any insubordination, and I hope I can keep it that way."

"It's the same way here. So, feel free to call me Coots, when the higher-ups aren't around and I will only be sharing the story behind that over a beer as well.", Lt. Colonel Colton agrees, and I can hear Thunderbirds #4 and #6 sigh.
"What about you Hulk, are you joining us as well?"

"You can bet on that.", he replies and then he turns to the other officer in the back of the room.
"Lunch push?", he yells, and they agree as they walk over to us. He really reminds me of Hyde, and I have to suppress to start laughing.

"What's so funny?", Hulk asks me slightly irritated.

"You just remind me of someone I have worked together in the past few weeks."

"Jake?", Dave asks, and I nod.

"Yep.", I answer.

"I don't know who that is, but I think he must be a pretty cool guy.", Hulks says confidently, and Dave and I start to laugh. I hope he and Hyde never meet, or we would create a duo that creates chaos left and right.

"You have been in Fallon for almost three weeks now, is that correct, Captain Wilson?", Major General Green asks me, and I look at him as I have just finished a question that Lt

"You have been in Fallon for almost three weeks now, is that correct, Captain Wilson?", Major General Green asks me, and I look at him as I have just finished a question that Lt. Colonel Colton had asked me. This is the first question that is coming directly from him. While I have answered couple of questions from all the officers of the Thunderbirds, who are sitting with me at this table, Major General Green only listened with full attention until now.