Author's note

Before you start reading, I would like you to know a few things:

1) English is not my native language. When - and not if, because there will be mistakes for sure - you find them, please let me know. I would love to learn from them.

2) I am not a member of the U.S. armed forces and definitely not a fighter pilot. This story is not intended to reflect the opinion of the Air Force or the Navy in any way, as it is entirely of my own imagination. However, I spent time researching the events that occur in the story to make them reasonably realistic.

3) My style of writing is heavy with dialog. I love to let my characters have long, deep and meaningful conversations.

4) Warning:  This story contains the following topics that might be triggering for some: death, loss, grief and mature sexual content.

Description:

"Is it becoming your habit to run away from me?", he says as he has caught up to me and is now walking next to me on my left. I stop and he does the same. Again, I look at him and shake my head.

"Lieutenant Commander Johnson with all due respect, but I am trying to hold up the courtesies. First you insist on me walking out before you. Now you are walking on my left side. I am not sure, if you are testing me, trying to get back at me or if you are plain stupid", I tell him, and he grins.

Six months ago, Taylor was on a mission that went horribly wrong. She lost three people that were near and dear to her and still has to fight the aftermaths of the incident. When she receives orders to become an instructor in one of the most prestigious fighter and strike tactics programs in the U.S. armed forces, she must face her demons whether she wants to or not. Will she be able to do that? And will a certain handsome and well-spoken fighter pilot help her get through it all and become the woman she once was?

Disclaimer:

All the characters and the story line belong to me. I do not consent to my original work being rewitten or reposted.

All images used in the cover belong to their rightful owners.