Chapter 7 - The Fear

"Are you really wearing a flight suit right now, or am I dreaming, kiddo?", Wifi says surprised as I step into my anti-g-garment. I look around and only see Jabba and him with me in the air crew flight equipment room.

It's day five on base. Yesterday I thankfully had a day off as I was still feeling the aftermath of the evening before. Talking with Dave about the loss, grief and being the admiral's daughter was exhausting and the alcohol I consumed did its own thing to me. When I woke up Dave had already left and had folded the linens neatly. If I wouldn't have known better, I would have believed that he never slept on the couch.

The rest of the day, I took my time organizing my room, the clothing that Claire gave me and going to the commissary. Then I had a lot of time thinking about Dave's suggestions. Maybe a bit too long, because now I stand here, zipping the anti-g-pants up.

"Yeah... But don't expect me to fly. We will try something. I am not sure it will work, so don't keep your hopes high, old man."

"I was surprised when Alex came to see me as soon as I stepped into my office. I was even more surprised about what he needed me to approve. You know, you could have come straight to me", Wifis says and looks at Jabba.

"Sir, with all due respect, but I don't skip chain of command. It wouldn't have been right."

I can hear Wifi sigh as I pull up the zipper on the right outside and grimace. Yeah, maybe I gained a little bit of muscle weight. Maybe, I should either get a new G-suit when really get back into flying or don't work out that much anymore as this is a suit, which is custom made for every other pilot. Jesus mother fucker this is tight. At least it will keep the blood in my head.

"I get it. Take good care of her. If she doesn't feel well, you will come right back, do you understand me?"

"Yes, Sir.", Jabba answers immediately and then Wifi leaves.

"Protective old man", I murmur as I am done with the other side of my pants.

"He is concerned about your wellbeing. I understand him and I definitely won't do anything that could harm you. Let me help you with that", Jabba says as I reach for my harness and move one foot after another into it.

He takes the tube of my G-suit and puts it through the harness and then he takes the LPU so I can slip my arms through it. Quickly I zip up the front of it and pull the strap underneath my breasts together while he gets into his own. Then I move on to cinch down the two straps that go from the back through between my legs to my front. That's even more uncomfortable than the tight G-suit, however it is for my own protection.

"Looking good there, Swift", I can hear someone say behind me and turn around. Hyde is leaning against the doorframe and looks me up and down.
"You are ready to get into an aircraft again, I heard.", he says and starts grinning from ear to ear. I need to smile myself, because if the positions had been reversed, I probably would have said something like that, too.

"Dude, leave her alone!", Jabba comes to my defense.

"It's alright. I can take it. Someday we will meet up there and I will be so intimidating, that you would want to go back into your mother's womb.", I tell Hyde sweetly and grab the bag with my helmet and other necessities for the flight ahead of me.

"All I hear is an empty threat.", he says and crosses his arms before his chest.

"Not a threat, Hyde. It's a promise and I hate to break them."

"Oh wow, now I am scared. But tell me, when will that happen? Never?"

"Both of you stop it now. We are not in kindergarten. Hyde stop pushing her buttons and Swift, stop falling for it. All of us have to be somewhere, so get suited up and get into your training session.", Jabba more or less orders both of us. I feel like he is pulling rank. However, I am not too opposed to that.