"Alrighty, I'll see you guys on Monday, don't forget to study for the final!" Maddie waves goodbye to her college friends as they pull out of the driveway, leaving her to wait for Kait to finish getting ready. After a few minutes Kait joins Maddie, keys jingling in hand as she hums softly to herself. Znhyia, Andrea and Kayla follow behind, Andrea still camera in hand smiles widely as she waves her two friends goodbye as they head to the gym.
"Want to join Kayla and I? We're going to do some shopping, my mom wants me to bring her back some souvenirs so I thought I would get a jump on it." Z nods and grabs her purse, the group of thee decide to walk since the weather is nice. "When are you heading home?" Andrea tilts her head in thought before shrugging. "Probably in late June or early July, I'll fly back about a week before my classes start up again, what about you?"
Znhyia looks up at the cloudless sky and sighs. "I'll probably do the same, though I may come back earlier. Kait had said something about not having time this summer to go home which means she'll be all by herself at the house." Kayla listens quietly as the two chat about their family summer plans, while Andrea gets a bit of footage that she promised her viewers.
"Kayla will stay with her, won't you Kayla?" Kayla smiles and nods. "Of course!" The three girls continue bouncing from shop to shop, only being stopped twice by some of Andrea's fans. By the time Maddie calls them back for lunch all three girls' arms are full of bags for Andrea and Znhyias families.

"Did you three buy out the entire store?" Maddie watches in awe as the shopping trio sets all of their bags down in the living room. "Not the entire store, just half." Andrea gives Maddie a smile while Maddie just shakes her head. Leading the shopping trio into the kitchen the trio see Kait is already eating, her eyes glued to her phone as she takes a bite of her yogurt.
Znhyia slides onto the barstool next to Kait as Maddie hands her a bowl of tomato soup, and for Andrea some Ramen. "How was your guys' workouts?" Kait gives a thumbs up as she scrolls through her phone while Maddie goes into detail about how she managed to flip her instructor. The four friends take their time eating and enjoy one another's company. The three cats linger around the kitchen while Sol can be heard from the living room chirping along to the theme song of a drama Kait had left on for her.
"Are you guys going to be busy later tonight? I have something I want your thoughts on." Kait looks at her friends who all nod in unison. Maddie smiles and gives a look to Znhyia while Andrea practically vibrates in her chair from excitement. "Is it about your book?" Kait tilts her head to the side, her brows furrowed slightly. "I suppose you could say something like that." The three friends now all look at their eldest friend, unsure by what she means but still excited to hear what Kait has to say.
"Oh right Andrea." Maddie turns towards Andrea getting her attention. "Did that doctor ever text you?" Andrea spits out her drink, getting it all over Kait and Znhyia, the two now speckled with red juice stare blankly for a few seconds. "And there goes this white shirt." Znhyia sighs as she looks down at her clothes while Kait mourns her white blouse that she just bought a few days ago.
"I'm so sorry guys! I'll buy you two new clothes." Znhyia grabs some paper towels and hands some to Kait, the two now slightly annoyed as well as sticky. Maddie for her part is trying and failing to hold in her giggles. Znhyia gives Maddie a look before turning to Andrea. "Well, did the doctor ever text you?" Kait wipes her face while listening, not really sure what her friends are talking about.
Andrea looks down shyly. "We've been texting..." Maddie shakes Andrea excitedly while Znhyia just crosses her arms, Kait still mourning the loss of her white top just sits quietly. "This is amazing! She's so attractive and a doctor! You're set for life!" Andrea blushes an even deeper shade of red while Znhyia clears her throat.
"Maddie, I thought you didn't like the doctor?" Maddie, as if remembering a bad smell scrunches her nose. "Oh shit yeah, I forgot I didn't like her...Is she nice to you Andrea?" Andrea nods. "She's really sweet, she texts me every chance she gets and sends me pictures of her cats." Kait suddenly begins to hum a song from a certain blonde haired missing slipper princess. Which she does whenever one of her roommates talks about anyone they are romantically interested in.
"Kait, stop that you'll get copyrighted. The mouse house is a no go." Kait shugs, clearly uncaring as she sings the line now. "If only I had a rag and a bucket full of bubbles." Maddie jumps in. "And talking mice." Kait snaps her fingers and points to Maddie while Znhyia pretends to look at an invisible audience. "We do not own any of the related material..." She continues to talk to the make believe audience while Andrea just watches in awe at how fast her friends can swap topics.
"Anyway, what are you three talking about anyway, what doctor?" Maddie reminds Kait of the pretty but slightly rude doctor, recognition flickers in Kaits eyes. She narrows her eyes and looks towards Andrea, but upon seeing how happy she is as she responds to the newest message she doesn't say anything. Instead her eyes dim ever so slightly and she stretches. "I'm going to write for a little bit, don't make any plans for later, if you need anything just come find me." The three friends bid farewell to the workaholic girl as she disappears out of the kitchen, leaving behind the faint smell of flowers and candy.
"Kait always smells so sweet, it fits her personality perfectly." The three friends chat excitedly about Kait's news, and the room fills with anticipation as they watch the kitchen clock tick away the minutes until dinner.

"Alright, food is out, spill! What's the big news!?" Kait meets everyone's eyes one by one and smiles. "Alright, you know how Laura has been on my case recently, well she got a call a few weeks ago while I was on that book signing tour. The call was from another company that is gaining popularity with their shows and movies." Kait pauses for a second, taking a deep breath she finally shares the big news. "This company wants to make Last Chance into a TV show, and they want me to be a part of the whole process. Which means they want me to go to Hollywood in two weeks for casting, and I want you guys to come with me. Obviously you guys won't be able to stay for the entire thing since it will take a few weeks, but I want you guys to come for a week or two, we can see the sights and have some fun before you guys go home for the summer." Kait waits anxiously for her friends to say something, all three of them look at her in awe before Andrea jumps up from her seat and yells. "I won the bet you two have to do my dishes for the next month!"
Maddie and Tae slump in their seats at the news of their lost bet but then what Kait said finally sinks in to the three and they all jump up and squeal. "For real Kait? This is amazing!"
"How are you so calm? This is like the best news you could ever tell us!"
"I can't believe we get to go to hollywood! And that our best friend is having a TV series made from her books!" The three friends squeeze Kait into a hug all laughing excitedly about the new adventure.
After the inertial shock and squeals Tae settles everyone down to get the plan down. "What about the pets? Who's going to take care of them?" Maddie puts her hand on the table solemnly. "Not Hailey." Kait laughs and shakes her head. "My brothers are going to come down next week and stay until you three get back, I don't know how long this is going to take so I might not even be back by the end of summer. The boys will take care of the house and pets while we're away and then when the three of you get back they'll fly home." Tae nods.
"Is your mom alright with that though? Austin is away at college most of the year, doesn't she want to spend time with him and Ethan has a job, is he able to take that much leave?" Kait nods. "Austin will fly back about a week before his classes start back up no matter what, and Ethan is a streamer so he can work in my office, I already ordered everything he needs so that way his work isn't affected." Tae nods and puts her hands under her chin. "How long have you been planning this? How did you know we would agree?" Kait smiles a shy smile. "To be honest I didn't know if you guys would say yes, either way though no one would be here during the summer so I already planned on having the boys come to take care of the pets for me." Finally finished with the most important questions Tae just smiles and asks for the day they're all flying out.
"Two weeks from today, it's a thursday. The flight leaves at noon and we should arrive by two I think. Bring enough clothes for a week's stay but also bring a few extra bags so that way while we're there we can go shopping and get you guys things for your visit home." Kait watches her friends as they excitedly chat about all they can do in the city of stars, her eyes alight with pure love and affection for her young friends.

Two weeks goes by in a blur of preparations and soon the friends find themselves boarding the plane. "I hope you guys don't mind business class." The four friends settle into their seats, Tae, Kait and Kayla in one row while Maddie and Andrea sit in the row behind them. Kait pulls out a book to read and Tae chats about random things with Kayla. Andrea has her vlogging camera out and on as she records the girls. Maddie pulls out some of her course work so she can study while they fly.
"This is so exciting, maybe we'll get to see some famous celebrities!" Andrea excitedly bounces in her seat as the stourdess comes around to make sure everyone is ready for takeoff. Maddie turns to the bouncing Andrea and smirks. "You know, technically you and Kait are celebrities. Both of you have a lot of fans." Kait turns around and smiles. "Andrea has way more fans than me though, which is understandable, just one look at her and no one can resist her cuteness." Tae nudges Kait to turn around and buckle which of course she does and Andrea chuckles at how cute Kait can be when she's slightly tired.
"Kait, how about instead of reading you take a nap, I know you were up late last night stressing about flying." Kait smiles and shakes her head. "There's no point, it's a short flight, I'll just read a bit and try to get inspiration." Tae rolls her eyes but doesn't say anything as she watches her blonde friend open her book and begin reading as the plane begins its journey.

—————————————————-
We hope you enjoyed this chapter, See you next month!! :)

Comment & vote!!
-The Clover Team