-Chapter 3-

Maddie and Znhyia arrive at the hospital, both worried sick after the call they received from Kaitlyn just twenty minutes prior. Kait had called and quickly explained to them that Andrea was admitted after she was dropped off at the entrance after being found unconscious.
"He finally did it Z, we should have done something sooner instead of just letting it happen." Znhyia sits quietly, still in shock while Maddie continues her rant about if she ever sees Taylor, she'll make sure his body will never be found. Kayla, Kaitlyn's assistant, listens quietly as she finally finds a parking spot. Pulling in she quickly calls for Kaitlyn. Under the circumstances Kaitlyn had Andrea transferred to the VIP ward, as well as contacted the police who are currently keeping watch. So in order for Maddie and Znhyia to be allowed to enter Kaitlyn has to come down and escort them.
Kait comes down fairly quickly, not wanting to say anything in the underground parking lot; she urges the two girls towards the elevator with Kayla following close behind. Once the doors close Kayla hands Kaitlyn the keys and puts her earbuds in, knowing that her boss will want some form of privacy. Kaitlyn sighs, you can see the exhaustion and worry etched on her face as she watches the floor number glow as they climb upwards.
"What the fuck happened? We were literally just with her not even two hours ago, how could this happen?" Maddie paces back and forth in the small space, making Znhyia and Kayla have to squeeze together more.
"Supposedly, the couple that found her said that she was sitting alone, going in and out of consciousness on the boardwalk. They brought her here and then the hospital called the police and they called me..." Kait watches the elevator buttons light with each passing floor, her expression serious. She looks as tired as she feels, her hair is pulled back into a ponytail, loose strands frame her face before she tucks them behind her ear just as the elevator dings announcing that they have reached Andrea's floor.
As the group steps out they are greeted with a brightly lit cream colored reception area where three nurses talk quietly to themselves as a young looking doctor fills out some paperwork.
"Is that Andrea's doctor?" Znhyia looks at the blonde haired man, his face is decent looking but his energy gives off something she couldn't quite place but she knew she didn't like it. Kait shakes her head and turns to the right, the girls follow close behind as they pass room after room.
"Andrea has a female doctor, very pretty might I add, I think her name is Harper, Dr. Harper Prince." Maddie and Znhyia nod, both relieved, if the doctor is a girl that means Andrea will be more comfortable as will the others. As they turn another corner they are greeted by two men in uniforms, obviously police, they ask Kaitlyn for her ID before letting her and the three others enter the room.
The room is quiet, the only sound is the soft beep of Andrea's heartbeat being heard from the machine. As the girls go deeper into the room they see Andrea laying on the large hospital bed, her face pale except for her cheeks which are tinted slightly red. Maddie and Znhyia shoot straight to her side while Kait and Kayla walk towards the peach colored couch. Kayla instead of sitting grabs the two small stools placed against the far wall and sets them behind the two worried friends. The four girls watch Andrea quietly for a bit, each of them holding in their thoughts, afraid that upon uttering them they would disturb their sleeping friend.
The silence is interrupted by the door sliding open and a male nurse walking in, followed by a beautiful doctor, her dark coal black hair is in a long braid, her crystal blue eyes hide behind thick black framed glasses. Kaitlyn looks towards the nurse, her eyes narrowing slightly before turning towards the doctor. "I said no men, how hard is it to understand this simple instruction? You must not understand the kind of effect this can have on someone's mental health, get him the hell out of here." The male nurse looks towards the doctor worriedly before quickly excusing himself, stating that he'll call for someone to replace him. The doctor sighs but instead of arguing with Kait she quietly walks over to Andrea and the two others, having just noticed Maddie and Znhyia she quickly introduces herself.
"Hello, I'm Dr.Prince it's a pleasure to meet you." Maddie and Znhyia nod and take turns shaking Harper's hand before returning to their seats. "Is she going to be alright, she still hasn't woken up yet?" Znhyia looks worriedly between Harper and Andrea. Andrea and Znyhia have known each other the longest, they practically grew up together, if it wasn't for Znhyia introducing Maddie and Kait to her the four of them would have never even thought of rooming together.
"She should wake up at any time, there's nothing to worry about besides some swelling and bruising. Once she wakes up we'll observe her and if everything checks out she should be alright to go home, of course this will all be determined once she wakes up." Harper looks at Andrea's monitor and clipboard for a bit before a slightly older female nurse walks in, Maddie and Znhyia glance at Kait who now has her arm propped up on the side of the sofa with her head resting on her hand and her eyes closed. Kayla who was quietly typing on her phone looks up and places her finger to her lips, she motions for them to carry on before returning to her phone.
Harper snorts, annoyed with the short blonde haired woman. "She made such a fuss about Greg being here and yet she doesn't care enough to stay awake to make sure we don't make the same mistake." Maddie glares at the pretty but rude doctor.
"You must be fresh out of residency or something because there's no way in hell a highly trained doctor would say that aloud, she does care a lot for Andrea, it's not her fault that her work hours are different and that she hasn't slept in over 24 hours. So how about instead of worrying about someone who isn't your patient you focus on someone who is, or I can wake Kait up and have her get Andrea a new doctor."
Harper looks at Maddie in complete shock, her mouth opens and closes a few times before she nods, a light flush from embarrassment creeps across her face. She awkwardly clears her throat before quietly adjusting her glasses and leaving the room. Znhyia shakes her head and looks between Maddie and the peacefully sleeping Kait, unsure of what to do with her ill-tempered friends.
"I don't want to hear it, she was insulting Kait, who only wants to make sure Andrea is comfortable when she wakes up. Besides, hasn't she ever heard of good bedside manners?" Kayla snorts which is rare, usually she'll sit quietly with no reaction unless it's Kait. Kayla came to work as Kait's assistant just over a year ago on her 17th birthday. She sees Kait as an older sister and adores her just as much as Kait adores her. She takes college classes online, per Kait's orders and often stays at the house where she has her own room down the hall from Kait.
"Holy shit! She reacted to something I said. Quick Z get the camera!" Kayla flushes a deep red before returning to her phone, while Maddie and Znhyia laugh at the shy girl in front of them. Kayla, like the four friends, is extremely pretty. She has short brown hair with dark brown doe eyes and is just shy of being 5'2, she's athletic and often joins Kait at the gym. Of course when both of them have enough sleep to actually go.
The girls remain quiet for a while, as one by one they all fall asleep. Kayla smiles as Harper returns for a final check before her shift ends, Harper nods towards her before looking apologetically at the four friends. "I didn't mean to make them upset, it was my fault, I didn't know anything and only assumed..." Kayla shrugs and looks at Kait and then at Maddie and Z who are sleeping in the stools, their heads resting on the side of Andrea's bed.
"Maddie is very protective of her friends, she was just angry at the fact that you were putting Kait down without knowing the circumstances. She'll get over it eventually and Kait will probably assume the nurse issue was just a dream, so no harm no foul just apologize to them and all should be forgiven." Harper nod's and smiles, thanking Kayla before setting the chart back in its place. They say their goodbyes and goodnights and Harper leaves, Kayla takes one last look at the chaos that is the four friends and smiles before getting up and grabbing two blankets for Maddie and Znhyia, she lingers slightly at Znhyia before sighing and returning to her spot next to her boss on the soft sofa.