-Chapter 2-

"I choose death...plain and simple."
    "Death isn't simple Maddie, it takes work."
"Not if you hire someone to do it for you."
"...Touche" Andrea listens quietly as Znhyia and Maddie go back and forth, the reason for this discussion is due to Maddie having a surprise pop quiz earlier today in one of her classes. Maddie stares up at the ceiling as she lays sprawled on the wraparound sofa, Znhyia for her part continues to eat her cereal as she watches her friend slowly waste away.
"It's not that bad, it's just one test and besides knowing you and your brain you probably aced it." Andrea nods in agreement from her spot on the floor as she edits her vlog from yesterday, it isn't very long due to them quickly returning to greet Kaitlyn but she can always explain in the description or just do a quick explanation clip.
Maddie huffs in disagreement. "I know I failed it, I couldn't remember anything. It's like my brain just left...What am I going to do, if I fail my moms going to make me live on campus." Znhyia looks at Maddie, her expression turning serious. This was a big fear the roommates have, the only reason Maddie's mother agreed to even let her move in with them was because Kait agreed to letting her visit whenever she wanted as well as the threat, that if Maddie had any grades lower than 90's she would immediately be moved to a dorm, one that Kaitlyn would have to pay for.
"Kait adores you, like seriously adores you, because if I'm being honest, there would be no way in hell I would make an agreement like that with your mom." Andrea doesn't even blink as she states her thoughts aloud, Znhyia spits out her milk and shoots her a glare, which of course being wrapped up in her editing Andrea doesn't notice. Maddie sighs, she knows that her mom definitely caused Kaitlyn problems, some she had to find out through her younger brother.
"Maybe I should make her a cake... or buy her new drapes." Andrea throws up her middle finger while Znhyia chuckles. She looks towards the bare windows, once Kaitlyn realized that the drapes were different she went through the entire house in search of the old ones, only to find out that Andrea had thrown them in the trash a week prior. Thus making Kait throw out the new ones before heading into her room to sulk until the mall opened, which is where she is now, currently on the hunt for new drapes.
"I thought they looked nice alright! Who knew she would hate them that much..." Znhyia and Maddie look at one another before raising their hands simultaneously. Andrea stares at them for a few seconds, her facial expression clearly showing her thoughts of murder before sighing and returning back to her laptop with a long sigh.
"I think you broke her."
"No, WE broke her, it was definitely a team effort."
"You're right, good on us next up is Haily."
"Fuck Haily." Maddie says as she sits up, her eyes roll skyward at just the mention of the nosy neighbor.
"I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole." Znhyia scrunches her nose in disgust.
"Aww, but Z you two would look so cute together!" Maddie bats her eyelashes as sarcasm drips from every word.
"Do you want me to cut you?"
"Hello, thats what I've been asking you to do for the past fucking hour. Fucking end me already." Znhyia shakes her head as she stands, heading towards the kitchen she rinses out her bowl before setting it into the dishwasher. Maddie flops back down and stares at Andrea's screen where her and Znhyia's faces are currently in view, Andrea stretches slightly and leans back against the couch. Maddie not missing a beat rests her head on her shoulder to get a better view, reaching her hand out she flicks herself off.
"Damn, why didn't you say I looked like an egg." Znhyia laughs as she returns, sliding next to Maddie and resting her head on Andreas' other shoulder.
"You always look like an egg bitch. We discussed this years ago." Maddie gently slaps Znhyias shoulder.
"Shut the fuck up, I look prettier now." Znhyia snorts.
"You've always looked pretty Maddie, a pretty little egg!" Znhyia squeals and jumps off of the couch as Maddie follows closely behind with one of the navy blue throw pillows. Andrea sighs and slips her earbuds in to drown out the sounds of Znhyia's screams as she finishes up, just in time for Kailyn to return home, her arms filled with shopping bags, and she wasn't alone. Laura, her publisher was on her heels and seemed to be anxious about something as she followed her into the kitchen.
"Think about it please! This could be excellent exposure for you." Kait sighs.
"You mean for your company, don't make this about me Laura." Kaitlyn starts unloading the bags filled with miscellaneous items, Andrea appears by her side silently helping as she attempts to listen in on their conversation.
"Kaitlyn, you've had writer's block since France. This could be just what you need to get you out of your slump." Kait sighs and turns towards the fridge, clearly done with the conversation.
"Where's Maddie and Tae? I don't want to eat here today, let's eat out." Andrea jumps, knowing she's been caught and points towards the ceiling where Znhyia's screams can still be heard. Kait shakes her head but smiles a small tired smile, she motions for Andrea to go get them before turning her attention back to Laura.
As Andrea heads towards the stairs she tries to listen but to her disappointment both Kait and Laura start using hushed voices, but she's still able to tell that Kait is not happy with Laura. Once she reaches the second floor she follows the sound of Znhyia and Maddie's voices, both are in the bathroom. Maddie holds a pair of scissors while Znhyia begs for her to put them down from her spot on top of the toilet.
"Hey, if you two are finished, Kait's back and Laura has apparently pissed her off, so she wants to eat out." Maddie drops the scissors and turns towards Andrea.
"Is she alright? It takes a lot to get Kait pissed." Znhyia picks up the floor scissors and puts them back in their spot under the sink before turning her attention to Andrea who leans against the dark oak wood door frame.
"I'm not sure, but Laura mentioned that Kait has writer's block which of course must have stung a bit." The girls look at one another before quickly making their way downstairs to find Kait, who now sits alone on the sofa, staring blankly in front of her where the tv plays a drama that Z had left on. The drapes are finally changed to a pretty silky white with pale pink flowers at the bottom bringing the room together again, the pale pink walls look even paler as the light shines through the white silky drapes. The oak wood floor shines right until it gets covered with the white rug underneath the glass coffee table where Kait has her laptop set, unopened as she stares blankly at the flat screen tv. Her hair looks almost white in the bright room, she turns her head slightly at the sound of the three girls and smiles sadly before slowly standing.
"Alright, how about Chinese food? If y'all are ready we can head out." Maddie looks at Znhyia and Andrea before sighing knowing that Kait is attempting to shove everything to the back of her head.
"Kait, how about we stay home and just have Znhyia cook for us?" Kait shakes her head, her smile cracks slightly as she takes a deep breath.
"I need to get out of the house, Laura kinda ruined my mood and besides, it's been awhile since I've been able to show off my best friends!" The three girls watch as Kait grabs her purse off of the coffee table and heads towards the foyer, the smell of her candy perfume lingering slightly behind.
Maddie sighs to herself and follows, sliding on a pair of sandals she turns towards Znhyia and Andrea. Shrugging, she mouths, 'just go with it.' Znhyia and Andrea follow suit sliding on their shoes as Kait opens the front door.
"Tae, can you drive today please?" Znhyia nods and extends her hand out, Kait digs through her purse before pulling out a set of keys, she gently drops them into Znhyia's hand before making her way out the door.