The Life Guard

Cassandra POV.

   I did not expect such a reaction from Kai. She seemed vulnerable and scary at the same time. I don't know what my older brother meant by her murderous schemes, but I sure don't ever want to be on her bad side.

   I grabbed the contract sitting next to me. I didn't have time to give the documents to her. It seems like for the first time throughout the whole dinner I was finally able to breathe. I walked up the stairs into my new bedroom. There was a view of the pool and a garden as well as so much greenery that stretched far beyond what the eye could see.

   "Well at least I can pretend to live in paradise," I sighed.

   Next thing I knew, I was walking closer to the window to watch Kai undress. Her figure was to die for. Not one inch of her had a flaw. All of a sudden she jumped into the water. I waited for her to resurface, but it seemed like ages. Woah she could really hold her breath for awhile.

    Then, slowly she started to float up, but her body was too relaxed for being under the water and needing air. She must've past out.

    I screamed for Miss Dawson as I ran out of the room to go into the back yard. Miss Dawson was frantically chasing after me screaming not knowing Kai is mere seconds away from losing life.

   As we made it to the backyard, Kai was sitting on the edge of the pool wiping her face. She immediately jump up as she saw Miss Dawson and I screaming for help from inside the kitchen.

   Just great.