Chapter 2

Anala, daughter of Kyoshi, a woman abandoned by her mate who was from a foreign clan. Instead of being miserable, her mother fought for her rights and became one of the most respected and known healers in the Omatikaya clan. A patient and loving female na'vi, who then later opened her heart to another after she had Anala.

Despite her mother’s mate accepting Anala as his own, she still felt like an outsider looking inside her mothers family. She could still see her mother’s horrified face after her brothers exclaimed that she was not even a part of the family as a joke, which confirmed every doubt and emotions she felt.

Suddenly, fear consumed her vains when she realised that she had somehow the same fate as her mother.

A mate who didn't want her. 

Her eyes felt heavy, and tears slipped from them only to be filled again. No, she wouldn't cry like when she did for her biological father. He never deserved her, nor would this Skxáwng of a Na'vi.

She wanted to scream but decided against it since it was still too early.She noted quickly.  Secondly, she would wake the whole house up, and she wanted to avoid that. 

Anala wanted to sleep to forget. It was just impossible. Why her when there were many other unmated females to choose from? Couldn't it be her friend Sùki she would have been the best at caring for children.

Anala knew nothing!

She shot up from her hammock, frustrated and angry she was doubting herself again. Her feet touched the cold floor and quickly moved to the exit. One problem was that she needed to pass through her mate's room to get out.

Anala peeked through his door to see if he was inside sleeping, which is exactly what he was doing.She glared at his face, angry that he got to sleep and she couldn’t. As she studied his face for a few more seconds, his face twisted as if he was in pain.

She rushed to his side, firstly checking it he had any physical injuries and there was none. Anala concluded that it must be a nightmare. It wasn't uncommon for warriors to be haunted by dreams of war and death. Her mother told her of this and said it was best to let their mates handle it. If not them, then the family will.

Anala, however, was neither so couldn't do anything but watch. A low and pained groan escaped his lips, and instinctively, she reached to grab his hand. Her attention switched to his hand it was different from the rest of the Na'vi males who had four fingers while he had five it just felt unnatural, alien even.

His hand gripped hers tightly. That is when she discovered it was strong and warm. She eyes moved back to his face, still sleeping yet more relaxed, and quickly let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Now Anala badly wanted to leave.

She tried to pry his hand gently off hers, but as she struggled, she could feel the air in the room change. It was heavy and cold.

His body alert and hard ready for the kill. He grabbed her hand that she was trying to release from his and flipping her over so that she was now lying underneath him. His eyes are dark and primal, ready to devour its prey.

The great Toruk Makto stared at her as if she was crazy for sneaking into his room uninvited. Anala felt bare as he  continued to look at her, afraid even but she couldn't show that.

Her lips moved, but no words escaped. Oh no, was she sick, and her heart was it broken.Why was her face hot?

She wanted her mother to come to her rescue to tell her what ailed her. That was when he decided to speak as if her being here with him in this room disgusted him.

"Why are you here?"