Chapter 3

"Why are you here?" He whispered angrily.

Anala sucked in a bulk of air, trying to slow beating her heart and calm her nerves down.

But the way he was staring at her wasn't helping, so Anala did the most sensible thing and moved her non captive hand to lightly push him on his chest to indicate Jake to remove himself from her as she didn't trust her voice.

He looked at her hand and then back at her face, confused. Frustrated Anala fisted her hand to his chest and roughly pushed him off her.

Once he was by her side instead of above her, Anala quickly got off his hammock.

"I just wanted to leave, but it seemed as if you were in pain, so I tried to help.." She said with her back turned towards him. Anala couldn't bear to look at his face it would remind her of the terrible fate she was bound to.

Anala shivered.

"I'm sorry." She breathed out plainly, remembering why she even dared to enter his room to be free. Unbothered to wait for his response, she tried to leave.

"Stop!"

Jake yelled out loud enough for her to hear, but not to alert the children who were sleeping in the room next to theirs. Anala heart jumped at the authority present in his vioce. This was the voice that he used as Olo'eyktan.

Anala vaguely remembered the time she had to assist her mother with healing injured na'vi when the warriors of the clan had to fight against the sky people after they destroyed the precious forest. She could still remember the chills she felt when he gave orders and reprimanded some Na'vi for disobeying his orders.Also, how Neytiri calmed him for being too harsh on the warriors.

"Why you?" He questioned, finally removing himself from the hammock standing in front of her, raising his voice once again. Anala waited till he was done talking.

"Why would Ewywa bless me with my beautiful and strong mate, Neytiri, only to end up with you, an outcast.."

Anala's body felt like it was on fire as she knew what it was like to be teased and bullied boys when she was younger training for her rite of passage, which she failed of course as planned. She had never had the desire to be part of the people. So why try?

What got Anala's blood boiling is that he dared accuse her like she had a choice. She never even wanted a mate or children in the matter, yet here she is with the whole package without the option for refunds.What is her fault in this?

"An Outcast.."  She repeated mockingly before continuing.

"All you male Na'vi are the same. However, I could understand if they call me Outcast, yet you are a Sky Person stuck in body that did not come from the womb, so what would that then make you?"  She closed her eyes for a moment before returning her sight back to him, proud that his words didn't affect her, but if he had said these exact words years back, she probably would have been balling her eyes out.

Jake, on the other hand, was shocked that she dared to even say something like that, but then again, his words were equally hurtful. And suddenly, everything else in the room became more interesting to him.

She followed his gaze to the door, avoiding her question. Coward, she thought irritatedly, and instead of encouraging a fight, she did the most responsible thing and left again.