Chapter 12

"Skxáwng!" Anala yelled out impatiently while glaring at Jake. This was the fifth time he drowned while learning to ride the Illu, and it was getting late. Even her hand was sore from hitting his head for making stupid mistakes. "It is an Illu, for goodness sake, even your youngest can master riding it." Anala grumbled under her breath.

"Hey princess, it's fine. I'll get the hang of it's just the connection is different the other things I can do now, thanks to you." Jake nursed the spot she hit while explaining to her the problem while watching his Illu, who decided to quickly escape the two because of the constant arguing. Even the Illu had enough, Anala sighed and also looked at it go in defeat.

Anala's attention suddenly switched to the strange word that left Jake lips. She had forgotten briefly that he is not originally one of them. He was truly an alien. This made Anala wonder what Neytiri saw in him, to choose him as her mate and not Tsu'tey. Tsu'tey who was more than capable. Scratch that he was overqualified, but she still chose some outsider whose chance of survival was next to zero. Even if Tsu'tey lacked in some aspects, it still did not make sense. Other than Jake's constant need to control everything and annoy her, Anala still did not see it.

"What is different?" Anala looked at Jake, trying to understand what is inhibiting his progress. Jake froze for a second, expecting her to complain and blame him for not trying hard enough like other times.

"It's just that with the ikran, there is this rush, excitement, and control, but with the Illu and Tsurak, it's not the same." Jake finished vaguely.

"I see.." Anala said in thought,turning towards him, pinching the side of his waist, pulling on the skin.Trying to see if his skin was also manufactured. Strangely, it felt the same. Everything that this body possesses is the same, excluding the fact that he has one extra finger attached to his hand. So the problem was not his body. Anala figured and continued exploring. However, the Na'vi next to her was not keen on being probed.

"Anala, what are you doing?" Jake said, confused, he grabbing her wrist that was currently reaching for his chest. Instead, her hand continued to press on, forcing Jake to let go of her wrist while her hand rested on his chest directly where his heart was while her other hand reached for his stomach.

"You're right it is different, but you should accept it and lean into it instead of fighting for dominance. While an ikran has only one rider, Illu and Tsurak do not. Therefore, they have more of their own will than that of an ikran..." Observing the markings on his skin in thought. Jake nodded nervously and gulped as his adams apple moved up, then journeyed down. He didn't understand why he was nervous in the first place because it was only Anala.

"Your breathing is wrong. When underwater, it is not a competition of who can hold their breath longer, but it should come naturally like walking. It should come from here..." Anala hand pressed more firmly on his stomach to indicate where. Causing Jake's heart to pump blood faster.

"Your heart is beating to fast fix it." Anala ordered, slapping his chest lightly, forcing Jake to focus on his breathing to slow down his heartbeat while also trying to breathe from his stomach just like Anala said he should.

"The way of the water has no beginning and no end the sea is around you and in you the sea is your home before your birth and after your death." Anala recited as required of every teacher, staring intensely in Jake's eyes while he regulated his breathing and heart.

"Good, now let us go. we will resume this lesson again tomorrow." Anala stepped back as if his skin burned her. She never wanted to touch him again. After this lesson, less physical contact was needed.

"No way, princess. Why don't we try riding the Illu again? I need to get this right as quickly as possible." Again, that word. Anala was beginning to think it was like those other bad words that her second elder son Lo'ak taught her.

"I have a name. Call me by that and stop using your alien language to insult me just because I do not understand it." Anala said angrily, pushing Jake, causing him to lose his balance. Instead of taking the hit alone, Jake gripped onto her shoulder, causing them both to fall into the water with Anala on top of him, shocked and breathless. Anala got up quickly, fuming, causing her ears to go red and her cheeks. Her lips caught back a grimace of pain because of her sudden movements.

Luckily, they were not far out because the water only reached waist length well, which was only true for Anala, not for Jake. So he could just sit in the casually while Anala would have been covered fully by the water. Sometimes, Anala wished that her mother had better genes. The moment she was fourteen, it was like height went on a long vacation and never intended to come back. She was truly jealous because he was two heads taller than her, and yes, she was going to ignore the other half because it simply did not count.

"Be careful, princess." He intentionally said while he laughed out loud. Throwing his head back in laughter, finding their situation funny. Annoying her further. While drawing unnecessary attention towards them.

"I said call me by my name!" Grabbing his head and drowning him. This alerted some Na'vi, but none dared to approach simply because they were mated. Some couldn't believe that the warrior, leader, and rider of Toruk would be at the mercy of his mate. While some decided to stay and keep an eye on the two, other male mated Na'vi stealthily moved away.It was not their problem after all, so why insert themselves.

Pulling him out of the water, Anala furiously spelled her name for him for him to understand that she did not like that word simply because she did know what it meant. Then, she repeated the process till his smile was wiped from his face.

"Okay, I'll say your name." Jake said mischievously and surrendered while quickly standing up and walking away. When he was of hearing distance from her, he yelled out that word once again. He knew he was being a fool, but he did not care because he enjoyed picking on her.

"Jake Sully!" She raised her voice embarrassed. But he had already fled the scene.

She definitely did not see what Neytiri saw in him.

Author note

Had a lot of time on my hands and also couldn't sleep till I finished this. Thank you, everyone, for the support