18 | Fighting Spirit

It's finally time for ash's grand trial with hala!
Because I have been focusing way too much on my ships that ash hasn't made much progress into getting into the league and other things, which is very bad since this fanfic is about him proving the others wrong!
So let's get into it, and watch him beat all the trials as soon as Possible!

Ash's pokémon:

Pikachu
Eevee
Rowlet
Meowth ( Back at home )
Rockruff ( which he will catch in this chapter lol )

Ash's POV

We were currently in class learning about how to counter certain moves
Everyone was paying attention except maybe for me, but I couldn't wait to do the grand trial after school.

( Later )

School ended so me and all my friends including the alolan ones are headed to professor kukui's house so I can tell my mom and professor burnet, since she was like a 2nd mom now.

I'll be finally having my trial with the island kahuna who's name is hala, and it'll be awesome, I went inside the house and told the news to professor burnet and mom and they wished be the best of luck.

I started getting ready to leave again with the gang,
gary will come with since he'll battle too, Paul can't come cause he said he wanted to catch some new pokémon to make battles even here in alola.
"Gary probably doesn't have to catch new pokémon since he hasn't battled with his pokémon in awhile." I joked in my head causing me to laugh a bit.
I got up when suddenly something tackled me to the ground and I hit my face.

"Ugh what was that?" I asked to no one in particular, as the pain went away and I turned around to see a pokémon, It looked like a puppy with rocks in its collar.
I took out my pokedex and scanned it.

"Rockruff the rock type puppy pokemon, rockruff has an incredible sense of smell, and once it smells an odor, It doesn't forget, This Pokémon is very friendly when it's young

"Rockruff the rock type puppy pokemon, rockruff has an incredible sense of smell, and once it smells an odor, It doesn't forget, This Pokémon is very friendly when it's young. Its disposition becomes vicious once it matures, but it never forgets the kindness of its master." The pokedex explained to me, So it's a rock type, it's really cool.

"It seems rockruff wants to play with you ash." Professor burnet came up to me.

" Professor burnet came up to me