𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 01. the ice rink

Start from the beginning

Sunghoon's murder didn't change her usual routine at all, she used to spend all her time at behind the bleachers. She was determined not to change a thing.

     "Nana!"
The heroine felt a tap on her back. When she turned around, she saw her best friend.

"Hi, Junko."

     "Are you going to biology class this time?"
She asks. "I forgot my book."

     "Um... I don't know. Kind of lazy."

     "Seriously?! It's been two times already. What are you doing?"

     "More interesting stuff than biology lessons."

   "You could do your things in the afternoon. Take advantage of it since you don't have any club."

   "Afternoon used to be smoke break in front of the gymnasium."
She sighed, wistfully.

"I hope you don't smoking anymore. You just had a surgery."
Junko lightly smacks the back of her head.

After talking with her friend, the protagonist finally went to class and resigned herself to the idea of skipping or even smoking.

As Nana sat down on her chair, Junko still repressed her. She rolled her eyes and played with cigarettes she hadn't touched in months.

 She rolled her eyes and played with cigarettes she hadn't touched in months

     "Shit, it's closing soon."
Nana said, looking at the sign that listed the hours.

The teen began to grumble while cursing this damn rules. Out of the corner of her eye, she could still see the yellow ribbons of the policemen stuck on the door.

"Please... 4 months and still nothing found? Fuck y'all."

She opened the door and walked behind the bleachers, her usual spot; then she grabbed a book and began the first reading.

15 minutes passed and she had largely exceeded the agreed hours but nobody came to kick her out.

Annoyed, Nana threw down the book and sat up. Her eyes were riveted on the ice rink. 4 months ago, she wasn't alone in this place...

Even without knowing him, she knew why everyone called Sunghoon the "Ice Prince". The way he danced on the ice, mastered every move that could bewitch anyone.

Even though the girl was hiding behind the bleachers, curiosity still drove her to watch him and her eyes lit up every time.

The young man was jumping in the air with a fresh smile on his face.

Sunghoon skating was one of her favorite moments too, but as time passed, she watched him less and less, too proud to admit it to herself.

Then, she didn't look at him at all. The ice rink was empty now, it had lost its beauty without this boy on it.

Since then, Nana's eyes didn't light up as much as before.

A few hours later, the student sat up violently and hit her head. While feeling a sharp pain, she painfully passed her temple. She had fallen asleep.

Nana stretched and turned on her phone. She was horrified to discover that the school had been closed for a while.

It wasn't the first time this had happened to her, but she was still afraid of being caught by the security guard.

As she tried to get up, the protagonist heard a thud from the ice rink. It sounded like someone was on it.

So what, a student was also stuck in the school? Or was it the guard? Curious, she stood up and tried to make her way towards the exit in absolute calm.

As she emerged from the bleachers, her gaze drifted to what was happening on the ice.

She was instantly confused, not wanting to believe what she was seeing.

He was there. The way he was skating, it could only be him. She recognized this choreography perfectly.

"It can't be."
She swallows, too scared to raise her voice.

Her cheeks began to heat up because of the fear and she let out a nervous laugh before slowly walking towards the exit.

If she got out, she could get out of this strange dream, hallucination or whatever it was.

It was terrifying but carelessly, she stumbled over a bench and crashed to the floor.

    "Ouch!"
She pressed her hand against her mouth.

The heroine winced but remained motionless as she noticed that the person on the ice rink had stopped all movement. She didn't even dare to get up or even turn around.

Her spine froze instantly when she heard footsteps coming to her. The girl was even more frightened as she realized that it wasn't a dream or an illusion, otherwise she wouldn't feel any pain.

After several seconds of silence, Nana gathered her last strength and stealthily turned her head.

In spite of the terror that invaded her, the moonlight fully illuminated the face of the person in front of her.

"... Park Sunghoon?"

 Park Sunghoon?"