I wonder if Jai is in as much pain right now.

I hope he isn't. But if he is, I know my parents will be there to aid him through it.  To pick him up when he starts feeling the effects of the separation.

Dominic has no one. No one.

You must have lost your entire mind if you're sympathising with him. Agni chided.

Probably. But I'm about to die anyway, if I can help ease his pain...

"I'm sorry Dominic. For all that has happened."

He didn't say anything nor did I expect him to. He just sunk his head in his hand, and sighed deeply.

"Rishi. Could you tell me about him?"

"About what?"

"Everything. Who he is, what he likes, what's his wolf's name, what he hates. All memories I have of him are painful. I just..." He said in the smallest voice almost trembling.

"I just need something to remember him by" he said finally looking at me. His eyes were watering but held a universe of pain in them. Jai would probably be feeling the same.

"My younger brother is a wonderful person" I smiled remembering him. "He's just a walking contradiction but if I could describe him in one word." I halted looking for the right descriptor as I stormed my chin.

"He's stubborn. He's had to be. Life hasn't been easy on him always but he's always persevered. No matter what curveball life throws at him he always has his ducks lined up in a row. He's very intelligent and knowledgeable. Especially about poisons and witchcraft. But he's also a moron who cannot figure out how to set up an IKEA bed. His favourite food in the world is Chocolate Croissants and Sangri Saag  a rare Indian vegetable." I listed as much as I could remember.

Dominic hung on to my every word. His lips contoured in a small smile as leaned forward to listen to me.

"What else?" He said.

"He loves video games. His favourite Pokémon is Drifloon. He loves knitting and old people. He always thinks he's the best looking person in the room and he loves gossip. Him and my mother love to sit Hennaeing their hands and talking smack about people." I chuckled as I remembered my mom ordering me to skip channels on the TV and hold her drink as she sipped on a drink drying her Henna with Jai, binge watching The Only Way is Essex. They loved reality tv.

I was about to tell him how once Jai took in and nursed an abandoned Red Panda baby in the Himalayas when we vacationed there when he was 13 when Sebastian burst into the room quite unceremoniously.

"He's here." Sebastian said breathlessly, "Luna has returned".

__________________________________

Jai's POV

It all seems a blur honestly. So much happened in the past week that I haven't had the chance to settle down and let things sink in.

Although Dad didn't speak a word to me after my outburst, no matter how much I tried to initiate conversation he got in a 7 minute long hug as I was leaving. He held me tightly and whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry. I'm here I promise".