𝟢𝟣

"You're late." your teacher stated.

You only blinked, "My bad."

The class deadpanned, 'My bad???'

You walked over to your teacher before offering him a note, "Recovery Girl called me to her office and our talk took a little longer than expected. She sent me off with a note."

"And your absence yesterday?" the man asked.

'Should I really be telling him this?' you rubbed the back of your neck before heaving a sigh, "I got into a scuffle with some thugs yesterday, and I got dragged into the police station along with them, so I couldn't get to school yesterday. My stab wounds opened up again this morning, so I had to go to Recovery Girl."

Inconvenience after inconvenience.

You were so excited and overjoyed when you received the letter informing you that you'd been accepted into UA. It was a celebration you had by yourself, but that was fine.

You'd made it in! Class 1-B!
Hero Course! You didn't fail!

You'd spent weeks prepping for your first day, ready to start off your first year at UA, only to run into trouble on the way to school. The first day, too...

One thing led to another, you got stabbed again, and you got a little too carried away with paying the thug back for what he did to your damn uniform.

It was such a pain to clean.
'And it still hurts so damn much.'

The man took your note, reading it closely as you started fidgeting with the gauze on her neck again. The nurse said it wouldn't scar if you didn't mess with it, but it was annoying!

"Alright, Maruyama, you'll be sitting in the free seat to the left of Kendo." the man told you as he waved a hand and gestures to a girl with orange hair who was seated in the back, "Try not to get into a fight in or outside of school grounds, alright? That kind of behavior isn't acceptable, especially here."

"Yeah, okay..." you simply turned away and teetered to the back of the classroom, taking a seat in the last row between a girl with long orange hair tied back into a ponytail and a boy with a speech bubble for a head.

You shuffled uncomfortably in your seat, the bandages all scratchy and rough against your skin as the hero at the front of the class was saying something. You couldn't focus on the words coming out of his mouth, though.

'That girl with the moss green hair... she's staring at me a bit too intently, isn't she?' you thought with a frown, feeling the girl's gaze, 'She's got a familiar face, but where have I... ah forget it.'

You let out a small groan, putting your head down.
'I got nearly got shanked to death... I don't feel like staying awake for anything to be honest.'

You'd been ready to go right to sleep only for a little note to pop up in front of you in the grasp of two detached fingers. ...what the hell?

You blinked as the two fingers bobbed in the air as if urging you to take the paper, reaching out silently and accepting it with narrowed eyes. You unfolded the little piece of paper and found a little note which read:

Quirk assessment yesterday, you don't have to worry about it. We're having rescue training today, so let's hope we'll have the chance to work together!

You watched the two fingers float back to their body, a girl with shoulder length moss green hair and deep green eyes. She gave you a sharp toothed grin.

You knew this girl. Tokage... Tokage Setsuna. You weren't super familiar with Tokage, and never really talked to her, but you remembered her from Junior High.