𝟣𝟥

'I'm not even down there... so why?'

You sat in your seat once more, your leg bouncing as you stared down at the field with an intense gaze. Your classmates were watching just as eagerly, everyone practically itching for the beginning of the match.

'Why am I so nervous...?!'

Down below, Rin was a little on edge as Present Mic tapped incessantly over the mic. That hedgehog kid from 1-A, Bakugo, he had a mean look but appeared at ease for the most part.

Rin inhaled deeply, then exhaled before glancing back up at the stands. Tokage waved happily down at him while everyone else shouted encouragement, though you remained stone faced with a gaze as intense as ever.

'Sheesh, what a mean look.' Rin thought with raised brows as he eased up a little, 'I know better, though.' he focused in on the slight twitching of your brow, chuckling a little, 'She's even more nervous than I am.'

He turned his attention back to Bakigo with a little sigh, 'Maruyama is on edge, so there's no more nervous jitters left for me! I've got this!'

"ARE YOU READYYYYY?!!!!"

'No, no, definitely not!' y/n thought, biting at your nails only to suddenly stop, "Wait a second, I'm not evening fighting—" "Begin!" Midnight's voice cut you off.

Rin wasted zero time, green scales sprouting along his arms as he raced to clear the difference between him and the Bakugo kid. You immediately leaned forward, watching with great interest. Saihara had yammered on and on about not brute forcing things unless you were absolutely sure of what you were doing, was Rin really that sure of himself?!

The ash blond kid immediately blasted your classmate in the face with a big 🍑 explosion which left a heavy cloud of dark smoke obscuring the field, and your eardrums damn near bursted when and Tokage shrieked.

"GAHHH!!! HE TOOK A DIRECT HIT TO THE FACE, IT'S TOTALLY OVER!!!" the two girls shrieked as you bit your lip, forcing down the urge to shout at them.

"Hey, hey, hold on! Take a look!" Tsuburaba shouted.

You watched intently, your e/c gaze lighting up when you spotted Rin once more. Green scales had sprouted on his face, a few falling away to reveal his grin. He'd grabbed the arm Bakugo had used to pop a whole explosion in his face with, and it was a split second before he punched him in the nose then the jaw with a scale reinforced fist.

'Holy 💩, he was sure of himself!'

"ACK—!!!"

You winced as Rin backed up, clutching his bleeding nose while a gleeful looking Saihara hopped from foot to foot with a steaming fist.

"Yikes! You've got good reflexes but your arms can only do so much when it comes to blocking!" the third year remarked as Rin wiped blood from his nose with a grimace, "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth, ever heard that saying?"

"Uh... yeah, I have." Rin mumbled.

"Don't be everyone, then! I'm lucky 'cause I've got the pain tolerance for it, but not everyone is like that. You've got a good head on your shoulders, Rin-Rin!" Saihara chimed, ceasing his hopping as the dark haired boy gave him a weary look, "You're able to think things through quick, and you're a sharp kid, but that'll all go to 💩 if you can't handle a punch to the face."

He offered the first year a tissue with a warm smile, "Find a way to mediate that, yeah? Whether it be getting a face of steel like mine or finding a way to block. Then you'll be well on your way to becoming a total machine!"