𝟢𝟤

Your hero costume, once a simple sketch made by a little five year old confined to a hospital bed after the borderline traumatic discovery of your quirk, had evolved quite a bit over the years.

Changes were made, new details added, some ideas taken away, but it was still your hero costume.

The dark high collared bodysuit which was initially heavily armored had much lighter, less noticeable armor now, the fabric itself being durable enough to withstand harsh temperatures, large amounts of force... a bunch of other things you hadn't bothered to read.

The main thing was that it wasn't easy to stab through. Thank goodness, you were so tired of being stabbed-

A pair of dark gloves, lightly armored knee high boots... nothing new, but that utility belt was a new addition, equipped with basic medical equipment and a couple vials of your blood.

There were other things you had yet to explore, and you'd have had plenty of time to check them out as the other girls in the locker room got changed. Well... not as much as you had expected.

"Maruyama? Are you not going to get changed?" your orange haired classmatecalled, snapping you back to reality, "If you keep standing there, you'll end up being late."

Ah damn. You shrugged, "M'not really comfortable with changing in front of other people, actually."

"Huh? Why not?" Tokage inquired as she finished suiting up, "It's not like anyone is looking."

"You're looking." you stated with a blank look, "Finish changing and get the hell out of here. Pervert."

Tokage pouted, "I'm not a pervert, you know!"

"Not convinced." you grumbled but began to undress anyways, ears burning up with embarrassment, "Could you not stare, though?"

Kendo and Tokage ushered the others girls who had finished changing out the room, leaving you in peace as you got changed into your hero costume.

'That was pretty harsh, I should apologize.'

After you finished up, you joined your classmates where they were waiting for the bus, immediately being attacked by Tokage upon getting out into the open.

"Maruyama-chan, you look so heroic!!!" the girl breathed as she darted all around you, "So bad🍑!"

'Hell yeah I'm a bad🍑- wait a minute.' "Get away from me!" you snapped, planting a hand against Tokage's face to keep her at a distance.

"Ugh, you're so rude!"

"And you're a creep!"

"I'm not, I was just complimenting you!"

'Yeah, I'm not used to that 💩, I'm gonna explode.'

"Maruyama, your costume looks great!" Tsuburaba exclaimed as he joined you and Tokage, Awase and Kaibara close behind, "What's with the blood vials though?"

"It's got something to do with your quirk, doesn't it?" Tokage inquired and you nodded in confirmation.

"Yeah, you could say that." you turned your attention to the trio you'd had lunch with, "Bandanna, Kaibara. Your costumes look okay, I guess. They suit you well." 'I totally 🚚ed that up, that's not even a compliment!'

"Hey! What about me?" Tsuburaba complained.

You gave him a once over, "Meh."

"What do you mean, 'meh'?!"

"You don't want to know."

"Don't try to spare his feelings, Maruyama, just tell him his costume is 🍑." Awase sighed and received looks from you both, one angry and the other mildly surprised and the slightest bit amused.