Chapter 14

Aurora prepared herself to leave for her parents' funeral. You could clearly see that she had been crying and did not want to go because it would be painful for her. But it should help her get closure. It didn't help everyone. It could also make the pain worse for some people. Aurora has no idea if it would give her closure or not. She had on a black dress with flat black shoes like Cinderella has in the Disney animated movie. Aurora looked at herself in the mirror with puffy eyes, took a deep breath, and took it off. She nodded to herself. "You can do this."

Then she heard the engine of a car. It had to be her friend, Lori. Indeed, she had a car that she rarely used. Lori also worked even to save money while her parents paid for car taxes.

Aurora put on her nice coat and went outside, where Lori sat behind the wheel and gave a warm gentle smile. She lost her smile when Aurora didn't return it. Lori watched her friend get into the car next to her. "Hey."

"Hey," Aurora said back in a soft voice.

Lori said nothing further and drove off in the direction of the funeral.

*

Aurora and Lori both got out of the car while Lori had to support her friend so she didn't fall. Lori was also wearing the exact same dress as Aurora was wearing, but the dress was a little different. Aurora let it be known along the way that she was feeling bad and Lori promised to help her and she kept this promise. Lori is a good friend and Aurora already knew that. As the girls went to the small crowd, each person turned to the girls and gave Aurora sad looks, some of them gave Aurora hugs and little kisses on her forehead or cheek. After this was done, the girls took their seats and had to stand the whole time. The priest, of course, was there and gave his speech. Aurora, however, was not listening. She looked at the coffins in which her parents lay and thought about one thing in her mind. It was revenge. Never before had she felt so furious. She was also sure in her heart that Aspen did his best to save her parents, but it was too late. The blame went to The Wolf Killers. They had killed her parents while taking a walk in the woods, but they knew nothing at all of the danger.

Aurora's attention was away from the others and she thought only of revenge. She felt like Katniss Everdeen, who heard that her home was destroyed and wanted revenge on President Snow. That's what she felt. Aurora again felt her tears rolling down her cheeks and touching the hard ground.

That was when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder to see who it was and you would never believe who was coming. It was Aspen and his group of friends: The Wolf Boys.

Aspen and the boys had sad looks on their faces and even wore black clothing. Aurora cried and hugged Aspen, who was startled by her contact with his. He hugged her back and put his chin on her head. Aurora was smaller than Aspen. Lori smiled-taking advantage of the moment-and gently rubbed Aurora's back. Aurora needed time to calm down, but with the support of Aspen, his group, and Lori she will continue to live her life for them. But who knows how long it will take before Aurora would live a normal life again and be healed back from that event. But in her mind was full of revenge. She wants and will stop The Wolf Killers and she doesn't care if Lori or anyone else wants to stop her.

--------------------------------------

This will be the last chapter for a while. I have no ideas left, so I will take a break from this book and work on others where I have ideas. It's a quest adventure book inspired by my favorite comic. I got permission from the original user to write a book about that. I contacted her on Twitter. Thank you for understanding and see you soon :)