Chapter 3

Classes were soon well over when the bell went off in the hallway. She packed all her books and headed toward the hallways. During her trip to her class, she didn't have time to pack her books in the locker since she was in a hurry to catch up with the class. Fortunately, she was given a second chance by her teacher and her class instructor. The teacher said it was normal to be late on your first day so that's why she got a second chance.

Aurora walked down the hallway while holding some of her books in her arms. Some of her other books were in her backpack so she didn't have to carry many things in her arms. It was quite a way to her locker and she felt her arms begin to cramp. Finally, she found her locker number and opened the lock. The locker was pretty red and so were the rest of the lockers here at school. She opened her locker and was met with slime in it. Her eyes went wide in shock. Who would do something like that to her? Especially since it was the first day of school.

Then she heard some laughter and giggling behind her that Aurora feared who they were. She turned and saw that there were three girls standing there. All three were dressed up fancy with sunglasses over their heads. They also even had skirts on while Aurora was wearing oversized clothes. Maybe she should have been more careful about what she dressed in so she didn't draw false attention that she was poor. She absolutely did not want that. She will pay better attention now.

Aurora feared it will be the bullies. The girls seemed to be around or just her age. The girl in the middle came forward. "My name is Mina and you better respect me and my friends or else we will have problems with weaklings like you."

Mina's minions laughed along with her and Aurora felt weak when the three girls called her "Loser" before leaving as they laughed.

Aurora suddenly felt something in her heart as if a heavy stone fell on it. It was her first day of school and now she was being bullied right away. She hadn't done anything wrong, had she? Why did people like that exist in the world?

She then planned to go to the secretarial office to ask if she could clean her locker, but then a girl joined her with a high ponytail in her hair. She was elegantly dressed and good-looking and was also wearing glasses.

"Let me help you. Look, the slime is fake. See?" she said as she bent down to pick one up and indeed, it was a fake slime, one of those kinds you saw in toy stores.

Aurora sighed with relief and helped clean up. She looked gratefully at the girl. "Thanks for the help."

The girl smiled at her. "No problem. My name is Lori. And you're Aurora. We're in some classes together."

Aurora held out her hand and Lori shook it. They both smiled at each other and after the locker was clean, they put the slime in the trash can that was nearby and Aurora put her books away while she kept some in her backpack for the classes still coming up today.

*

After the bell rang hours later, the school day was over for the day and everyone went home. Some students came to school by car, bike, motorcycle, or even on foot if you lived nearby. Aurora did not have a driver's license. She didn't trust herself to drive the car. Once she rode in the car but it didn't last long and she even almost bumped into the bushes, which scared her mother a lot. The poor girl always felt guilty whenever she thought of such a memory. Normally a family member should teach her to drive but it took too long and promises were quickly broken. Aurora lost interest and confidence behind the wheel because her relative broke the promises.

You have no idea how long Aurora was angry with her relative. She sold her car so she could make some money with it.

After some waiting, Aurora saw a familiar car and it was her father, which made her happy. It was her father, Bill. She watched her father park and Aurora put her backpack in the luggage first before sitting next to her father.

"How was your first day of school?"

Aurora decided to leave behind the detail where she was bullied with fake slime by Mina and her minions. "It was good, Dad."