Chapter 6

Sophie's POV

"Stand UP!" demanded Fintan. He muttered something under his breath but I didn't quite catch what he said though I did get out the word 'enhancing'. "You useless brat," sneered Gethen. I tried to stand up. That single action drained me. My throat yearned for water and every part of my body was aching with terrible pain. 

"Good, now OBEY!" yelled Fintan. I nodded my head a little. I think I would have broken the world record for the world's smallest nod. "Give me your hand and take of your glove and those dumb nails you put on that you don't think we know off." I gasped... And I gave Fintan my hand. His hand was burning hot. My hand was getting burned every second, it was smeared with my own blood. "Ahh..." whispered Fintan, satisfied. "So much power..." It felt as though he was taking away my abilities and all of my remaining energy. I couldn't hold onto reality any longer so once again I let the darkness wash me away.

Dex's POV

I was starting to lose all hope until Ro called out "I think this is it!". Everyone immediately hurried back to look at where Ro was staring. Right in front of us was a glamorous flower with white petals tipped with a bit of gold. Ro gently pulled it out from the dense soil and wrapped it with the cloth that was around her wrist. Yes we did it! But all too soon our happiness faded when we heard a weak transmission from Sophie. 

Sing swan, spring swan, then let's fly, follow the pretty bird across the sky,

Call swan, fall swan, then let's rest, tucked in the branches of your quiet nest...

I took sense of what this meant... Swan Song. I looked around and saw everyone with the shock expression that I also wore on my face. "Foster is in trouble so we better hurry," said Keefe. We light leaped to Havenfield.

Fitz's POV

Once we got to Havenfield Biana yelled enthusiastically "We got the cure for Sophie! We found Paeris!"But her enthusiasm disappeared quickly once she saw the Councillors, Elwin, the Collective and most of our parents crowding around with sad faces. Yet, there was one thing I was focused deeply on. Why did Sophie call Swan Song? Swan Song to my knowledge is a poem where members of the Black Swan call when they are in mortal danger.  I refocused and saw Grady and Edaline crying uncontrollably. "They got her" said Edaline, tears streaming down her face. WHAT DID SHE MEAN?! "Who got who?" I lashed out. "The Neverseen... they..they...took Sophie..." Edaline whispered. "HOW COULD YOU LET THAT HAPPEN?!!" I screamed. I was angry at Grady and Edaline. "Fitz mind you attitude. It wasn't Grady and Edaline's fault. They want Sophie here as much as you do and maybe more. They could have done nothing. They didn't know," My mum told me.

Keefe's POV

No... not Foster. She cares so much about her loved ones. She is so perfect in every way imaginable. She doesn't deserve to endure this pain and torture. "We're going to get Foster back!" I said determinedly. No one can take  Foster away from me. She was one of the only good things in my life. "Yes we are, Mr Sencen. I already got a plan..."