Chapter 5

A/N Sorry that I haven't been uploading in like 1 week and a bit. I have been busy... but here! I finally uploaded! Also in the picture above, why is sophie wearing a pink puffy dress while everyone else is wearing dull clothing for Alvar???

Sophie's POV

"What do you want from me?" I roared, trying to make my voice as firm as possible. I knew I was weak, I knew I didn't have any energy to fight. 

A/N This is what their cloaks look like in my imagination

A/N This is what their cloaks look like in my imagination. I found this picture online so again not my own!

"Isn't it obvious? We are here to kidnap you, to use you, to make you our little puppet, our weapon like what the Black Swan did." Fintan said those words like they were coated with venom. 

"I would NEVER go with you! I would rather die then follow your footsteps!" I yelled, my throat ached but I have to keep stalling. I don't want Grady or Edaline or any more of my loved ones to get hurt.

"If you don't obey then I guess we would just have to hurt your friends in Ravagog or your family" My jaw dropped open. "Yes, Sophie, I know. The Neverseen are ALWAYS one step ahead..."

Suddenly, the front door of my house sprang open. And I saw Grady and Edaline. They were screaming something but they were too far away so I couldn't make out what they were saying. In a blink of any eye, Gethen appeared by my side somehow and took out a throwing star from his cloak and aimed it at my parents.

"NO! STOP! PLEASE!" I pleaded with my raspy voice.

"These are the consequences for not coming with us Moonlark." He replied in a much stable voice than mine.

"No! Don't hurt my family! I will come with you just don't hurt my friends or my family." I whimpered. I have no choice.

"Very well," added Fintan, obviously satisfied about the current situation. 

"Just please let me say something to my parents. Please... just one last time!"

"Fine but make it quick!" Replied Ruy.

My parents finally made it to me. They hugged me tight.

"Back away from my daughter!" Grady yelled. I knew what he was going to do. He was going to mesmerize them.

"Dad stop! Don't do it! I told them that I would go with them. They gave my request to talk to you. I just want to say take care of yourself and don't worry about me. You know how many times I was on the verge of death and how many times I got out alive. So don't worry and tell my friends about this. I love you, mom, dad" I whispered, my voice breaking like my mind.

"I love you Sophie..." Edaline squeezed me in a very warm hug.

"Time's ticking Moonlark..." Fintan said in a inpatient manner.

"I love you guys" And that was the last line I said before the Neverseen took me and jumped into the portal. The world was becoming black slowly. So, I did what first came up to mind. I called Swan Song.

Sing swan, spring swan, then let's fly, 

follow the pretty bird across the sky...

Call swan, fall swan, then let's rest, 

tucked in the branches of your quiet nest...

I transmitted it to everyone I knew...Then I let the darkness swallow me whole...