Chapter Four: Starting A Club & Throwing Hands (Edited)

(Ghost POV)

Monsters and depravity come in all shapes, sizes, and levels. No matter how much everyone wants to deny it, humans are inherently monsters.

It's been proven time and time again throughout events since the beginning of man that humanity is evil, chaos, and destruction incarnate.

Sure, they're capable of love, selflessness, loyalty, humility, and other traits that one would want in a person or themselves. Yet, ultimately, our negative qualities outshine our positive ones by a wide margin.

I don't even need to list all the events that happened throughout history to prove how correct I am. I don't care for justifications or circumstances. I only care that it happened.

If humans weren't monsters, why continue the cycle we keep repeating?

Well, that's easy to answer.

Humans love to be cruel.

The only way I'll be convinced I'm wrong is if humanity changes, but I know that will never happen because why would society ever want to stop being their true selves?

"Ghost?" I shook my head and turned to the person who called my name. "Yeah, Suzune?"

"Are you alright?" she looked at me with her typical cold gaze, but I saw the hint of worry in her gorgeous ruby eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"We've been calling your name for the last two minutes," Kiyone explained.

Ah, shit, I spaced out again, didn't I?

"Oh...yeah, Im fine," I replied, but neither looked convinced. "Hey, where is everyone?" I asked as I just noticed everyone besides us was gone from class.

"Class ended two minutes ago," Kiyone responded.

"I see...well then, let's head out, shall we?" they nodded, and we left the classroom.

"You know you shouldn't be spacing out in the middle of class. That's not setting a very good example for everyone, you know, since you're pretty much the leader of the class and the Vice President after all," Suzune said that last part venomously.

I internally chuckled.

I guess she's still salty about me becoming the new vice president when it was announced a few days ago, but more importantly, I'm on better terms with her brother than her.

Such a bro-con.

"Yeah, Yeah, I'll try not to. So, was there anything I missed?" I said dismissively, irking her.

"There's a club fair going on at the gym."

"Oh, dope, let's go."

"Who said I was going with you guys?" Suzune argued, and I chuckled, making them raise an eyebrow.

"Who told you I was giving you a choice?" I retorted, and before anyone else could get a word in, I grabbed both of their hands and dragged them with me to our destination, ignoring Suzune's scream of protest.

(Timeskip)

Once we were in the gym, I let go of the girls, and not a moment later, I felt something stabbing my arm.

I looked at an angry and blushing Suzune with a compass in her hand.

I quirked an eyebrow.

"Was stabbing me necessary?" I asked with amusement.