Chapter Two: An interesting Offer (Edited)

(Kiyo POV)

I always wondered what it would be like to experience everyday life, so when I was allowed to escape the White Room, I took it.

Not long after, I was able to attend the Advanced Nurturing High School, thanks to Chairmen Sakayanagi.

I'd be an average student and avoid causing attention to myself at all costs.

However, that was all ruined when my eyes landed on a particular individual.

Ghost.

He was a young man with light brown skin with hair as white as snow and wore a mask that exposed a singular haunting red eye that looked devoid of life and hope.

He was tall, standing at an impressive six feet four inches, and his uniform did nothing to hide his robust, lean, yet muscular build.

His tone was soft and kind yet held immense strength and confidence, but underneath all that, there was sadness and regret.
When he interacted with others, he was charismatic, friendly, and witty.

He's knowledgeable, quickly figuring out that I was more than what meets the eye and able to figure out the S-System instantly.

I knew I wouldn't be able to act like an average student the moment he called me out, as he didn't seem like the type to hold an incredible amount of patience for slackers. I couldn't simply find a way to expel him because if my intuition was correct, and it always is, attempting to remove him would be more trouble than it's worth, and I would've made a dangerous enemy.

I also couldn't risk intimidating or attacking him physically or psychologically, as numerous variables could go horribly for me.

So it all came down to whether I wanted to be difficult with him or give in.

Either way, it was inevitable that my true capabilities would be exposed.

However, I oddly don't find myself minding that outcome mostly because Ghost would have half, if not most, of the attention on him.

With all that said, I wonder...

Who is Ghost?

(Ghost POV)

After a few days passed, I was requested to see the student council president by the purple-haired loli, aka Akane Tachibana.

I knew the Manabu would reach out to me sooner or later, so I followed her to the student council office, and when we got there, it was only me, Loli, and Manabu.

"Ghost," he greeted.

"Yo, you wanted to see me, Prez?" I asked the elder Horikita as I sat down in a chair.

"Indeed I did. I heard you already figured out the S-System," he revealed, looking at me with calculating eyes.

"Indeed I did. What of it?" I somewhat rudely glanced at the girl beside him to see her glaring daggers at me.

She either has a lot of respect for Manabu or has a crush on him. My guess is it's probably both. Either way, it would explain why she's pissed at me for disrespectfully talking to him.

However, I don't care, nor do I do formalities. They're for people who have a stick up their ass, and they're a waste of precious time.

"I'm impressed. I don't believe anyone could figure it out on the spot, much less on the first day."

"It wasn't hard to do. I just used common sense," I replied, downplaying my achievement, and Manabu scoffed at my reply.

"Not even I was able to figure it out that quickly, and I'd like to believe that I'm an intelligent individual," he admitted.