17

"Who's there?"

It's me. Artemis.

Percy scowled. "Artemis? Where are you? Why are you in my head?"

Believe me, I wouldn't have done this if I had any other choice. Artemis grumbled. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Uh," Percy didn't really know what to do. He figured he should find a safe place to talk since if he stood around and talked to himself, people would think he'd lost his mind. So he rushed to the arena to have a private conversation with Artemis. "Where are you?"

Incapacitated, for the moment. Artemis sighed. Thalia and I ran into some trouble.

"What kind of trouble?" Percy asked.

The world-ending kind of trouble. Artemis said.

"So, big trouble then." Percy noted. "Why are you speaking in my head?"

Like I said, I didn't have a choice. Artemis said. Besides, you're the only one I can trust since you are the only one that will understand everything.

"What do you mean by that?" Percy asked.

I remember, Perseus. I remember everything.

Percy gulped. "You mean . . ."

Yes, everything. Artemis said. I have to say, that was a really stupid plan. What were you thinking?

"Are you here just to berate me?"

Partly, yes. But that will have to wait. I remember who you are now, Perseus. I'm afraid you're gonna have to be the saviour of the world yet again.

Normally, people would be elated to have a chance at saving the world. But after doing it twice in a row, that title is not very worth it.

I must rest now. I will be in touch soon. Thalia will be arriving shortly along with Zoe. She'll explain everything.

Percy's heart dropped. "Zoe? Thalia's with Zoe?"

Yes, she's with Zoe.

"Did you know what she did to me?" Percy snapped. "I almost died because of her."

Save your anger. She will explain everything. Artemis said. I must rest for now. Be safe, Perseus.

Percy restrained his anger. "Fine."

And Percy, Artemis called. Her voice was unusually soft. Take care of my Hunters. I shouldn't have left them alone.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have." Percy said.

I guess you want to berate me as well. Artemis said.

Percy sighed. "Let's just call it even. I'll keep an eye out for your Hunters, Lady Artemis."

Thank you, Perseus. Artemis said. Percy could almost feel her presence leave his head. Whatever happened to Artemis, it wasn't good. Especially since it left her incapacitated to the point where she had to speak in Percy's mind.

So much for taking things off of his mind.

What was Thalia doing with Zoe?

And what did Artemis meant by she will explain everything?

Line Break

Lucia felt awkward in the Senate Room, especially since the room was very big and there were only four people in it.

Well, six if you count Reyna's metallic dogs.

"Um," Bianca said. "What exactly am I in trouble for?"

"Breaching camp borders," Reyna said. "Unauthorized usage of weapons. Not to mention, working with Gaia."