The day went on, and they finally gathered in their private room before leaving for home. Scott teased the two lovers by telling them their voices sounded especially great today. Mitch smirked and Avi blushed, while Kirstie was hitting Scott's arm, pretending to be mad at him, and Kevin was slightly smiling, looking at them all.

Mitch and Avi shared a quick but tender kiss in front of the three others, then Mitch joined Scott to whom Kirstie was asking if he could drop her at home on his way. "Of course" answered Scott, and Mitch smiled slightly, knowing what was going to happen.

Kevin asked Avi if he would come home to have dinner. Soraya was visiting her parents, because her mother didn't feel very well, and she wouldn't be back early. They would have time to talk together... Avi nodded gratefully and they left, following the Trio.

*****

In Scott's car, as he was sure she would, Kirstie asked Mitch how all this happened?! Scott didn't say a word but was obviously waiting for his story. Mitch began:

- I've always loved him, you know...

- Let's say I knew it in a way, said Kirstie with a smile. But him! I wouldn't have expected this from Avi!

- Avi, indeed!!! exclaimed Scott. And you let me talk to you the way I did on Saturday at Kevin's! I see now why you were so discreet! And you Kirstie, what do you mean?!

- Girls' intuition? said Kirstie with a grin. Sorry Mitch. We shut up now!

Mitch smiled gently.

- He was so nice with me when we went shopping that day... When we came back to the car, I found the courage to talk to him. But I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, or to beg him for anything... I just told him I needed to stop our jokes pretending we had a crush, because it wasn't a joke for me. And... He told me it wasn't for him any longer!

- That's crazy! Avi the straight lumberjack!

Kirstie silenced Scott with a glance.

But Mitch remained silent. Kirstie put a hand on his shoulder:

- You have more to say, Mitchie.

He looked at her briefly, and then stared back in front of him.

- I can't help but thinking... He has always talked about having a family, kids. I feel like I'm stealing this from him. That's mainly why I asked your help to keep it secret. I don't want to trap him in a relation he could regret one day... he ended with a trembling voice.

- Mitch!!!

- I love him Scott. I want him free and happy. That's my choice. I don't think he's ready to make a public coming out, anyway. I don't want to make plans for the future. We need time.

After a moment of silence between them, Kirstie spoke:

- He agreed to share your secret with our Tour crew, which means a lot already. Anyway, we'll be there for you honey, she said softly.

- Of course we will, said Scott. But take care of you sweetie !

- For now, I'm just happy, answered Mitch with a sudden wide smile.