When they escaped the dark killer zone and arrived back to the Land of Light Chiara was already at deaths door. Ultra Mother barely managed to save her and now the purple ultra has yet to wake up.

Since then he stayed by her side for as long as he could. The others visited her too. But not as much as him.

Zero would be the first one there the moment visiting hours start until end and then some. He would play it off as nothing but they knew what happened to Chiara messed with him.

Today his steps felt especially heavy. Yesterday Chiara's condition took a turn for the worst. She was hanging between life and death and there was nothing any of them could do. It was either she wakes up soon or never.

As Zero neared her hospital room, Ultra Mothers words echoed in his mind.

"You may have to prepare to say... your last goodbyes..."

The despair they felt was painful. Chiara might die and there was nothing they could do.

The moment he entered the room, he froze. What he saw stunned him. There she was, sitting on the bed like she just woke up from naptime.

"Zero!" She beamed as soon as she saw him. Though she was caught off guard when he took several large strides across the room and pulled her into a hug.

When the shock wore she too hugged him back. After what felt hours but in reality only a few minutes they pulled away though Zero still had his arms around her.

"How?..." he was glad that she was fine. But it was just yesterday they were told might not make it. Yet here she was alive and well. The warmth returned unlike how cold she felt when she was injured and unconscious.

He didn't really get an answer when she hugged him again. This time she hugged him tighter and he could feel her tremble.

"I almost died didn't I?..."

He stayed quiet but they both knew the answer to that.

"I...I was scared...not of the darkness... not of dying...I was scared I wouldn't see any of you again..."she admitted as she choked back a sob.

"It hurt. It really did...but the thought of not seeing you all again was more painful... After all, you guys were still busy with darkness clones, right? I couldn't give up that easily. "

Wait, she didn't know? That Orb, Geed, X and Z technically died and Zero himself was beat. That it was thanks to her that they were saved. That she held out longer than any of them. Yet here she was putting herself down.

He so badly wanted to tell her that. But he figured hearing that they died and who knows what Ultra Dark Killer had plan for him would put her on edge.

"Don't beat yourself up about it. You're stronger than you know." Waiting for her to calm down a little would be best. Once again they pulled away but still held each other.

It was only for a brief moment, but when he stared into her eyes, he again caught a brief flash of violet eyes staring at him before going flashing back Chiara's ultra eyes. It was short but he could tell so many emotions were being conveyed through those eyes. Did they belong to Chiara? If so than what was going on?

For now that didn't matter. She was here alive and well and he was grateful for that. The others were depressed thinking that they might lose her. So knowing that she's fine would definitely cheer them up.

Speaking of the others, the two embracing ultras suddenly heard something flash and someone clearing their throat. Chiara straighten her head and Zero glanced back to see Ultra Mother and Hikari standing behind them. The rest of the new generation were peeking from the door.

"Not dating my foot..." Ginga whispered to X.

For someone who just woke up from a coma, Chiara still packed a punch when she shoved him away. Did he need to get that checked? Probably not (probably yes).

"Chiaraaaa!!!!" Grigio came stumbling in towards. She was about to hug her but then caught a glimpse of Chiara's torso wrapped in gauze tape. She didn't want to make any injuries worst. So she settled with holding her hands.

Soon everyone started crowding around her.

"You had us worried there."

"We thought we'd never see you again."

"We were ultra worried that you might've-"

Ultra Mother then interjected sensing how overwhelmed she must've felt.

"How are you feeling?" Marie asked as she went around to examine her.

"I'm fine Ultra Mother."

Marie pulled down the blanket and revealed a gauze tape wrapped around her torso. She used two fingers to gently press her stomach as she asked the purple ultra,

"Does this hurt?" To which Chiara answered 'No'.

Marie pondered for a moment before asking them to leave so she could do a further examination.

And so they left the room as Ultra Mother and Hikari stayed with Chiara.

Outside, Zero did a double take when he turned around and met everyone's knowing stares. Grigio looked especially giddy.

"What?"

"Guess you guys weren't entirely wrong." Said Orb.

"He's probably in the denial phase."

"That was before. After what happened he's should be in the crush phase."

"I'm right here ya know! What on M78 are you talking about?" Zero questioned clearly annoyed. But they just smiled at him.

"Don't worry Zero, it's normal to be confused about something you've never felt before." Said Rosso.

"He's right Zero. Discovering love is always beautiful!" Grigio cheered.

"W-what?! I am not in love with Chiara!"

"Funny though, we never said it was Chiara." X smirked. That made Zero splutter.

"You're still 20000 years too early to be-"

"Can you keep it down please. You're making too much noise." Said Hikari as he peeked from the door

"Sorry..." they apologise. Hikari nodded before going back in.

A moment passed before Blu broke the silence.

"So, are you gonna confess? Cause there have been other male ultras eyeing her lately."

All through out the planet, every ultra that ever fancied Chiara felt a shiver rundown their spine.