Chapter 13: My heart breaks a little when I hear you name.

Ouch. Say goodmorning to my whiskey and vodka. My nerves are so dumb. Dumb enough not to feel any pain inside my heart.

And so, I turned on the T.V, checking what's the news for today.

*News anchor reporting*

"Bruno Mars collapsed due to some breathing problems and according to him, he got a very tiring and stressful week to rehearse for his upcoming tourdates. But there's a rumor spreading about this girl who brought Mr. Mars to the hospital, the whole question is, is that Mr. Mars's girlfriend? Well, let's find out after a quick break."

*turned off the t.v*

Ugh! What the -- ?! What the hell is this? Shit! Impossible, very impossible for me to be his girlfriend again.

*door knocks*

I opened the door. Suddenly ..

"Mommy!"

"Whaaaaaat?! B-Breanna?! C-come here."

OH DEAR GOD! It's Breanna, but this time, my eye melts while Bruno carry my daughter like it's his own kid.

"Tadaaaa! Bruno Mars is in the house! Come Bruno, get inside." Breanna said.

Uh-oh. Speechless. So I had nothing to do but to stare at them.

"So Mr. Mars, you want a bowl of cereals?!" Breanna offered him.

"Sure my honey booboo! I want it with some ketchup please." He replied with a smile.

"Whaaaaaaat?! Oh okay fine." Breanna giggled.

I am trying to cover my mouth. But I can't stop grinning. They look so cute together. Bruno's favorite is cereal with ketchup. I know it's one of his most weird fact about him, but that made him more unique and different.

I watch Breanna as she prepare a bowl of cereals to Bruno. I can't do anything but to smile. :D

"Mmmmmh! Tastes good! You want some?!" He asked.

"Ew. No-no-no. I never put any ketchup to my cereal." My daughter replied, with her arms wrapped to her waist.

"Oh come on sweetie! I want you to try this. Come on."

She got no choice but to try it. Hahahaha! Breanna and I had the same reaction when I tried to taste a bowl of cereals with some ketchup. Oh my gosh, I can't really stop laughing. :)))

"Uhh, well, it tastes good. SLIGHTLY." Breanna said.

"But why does your reaction looks like that?! Hahaha!" He snickered.

"So Mom, you should try this!" Breanna grins at me, trying to get my attention.

"No honey, just take it." I murmured.

Then Breanna stand up, she hold my hand, and she said.

"Coooommeee on Mom! Give a try! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE?!"

I don't speak any single word. I sit down to the dining table with them. I look to Breanna, she's really having fun with Bruno.

"Open your mouth Mommy … --

Then she give me a spoonful of cereal.

"Naaaaaaah! It's till the best." I said.

MAN I JUST SAW BRUNO COVERING HIS MOUTH CAUSE HE CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! HAHAHA! Damn it.

"Bruno Mars, by the way this is my mom, she's Natalie."

Whaaaaat?! Oh okay I forgot, Breanna don't know anything about us in the past, so it's just normal to a kid like her to introduce her own mother to his most favorite singer. And well, he didn't even say "hi" or simply wave his hand. Instead, he just took a glance and smile. Ew. How fake.

"You know Mr. Mars, my mom knows so many thing about you. From your "Little Elvis Presley costumes", to your "Unorthodox Jukebox songs". And oh, she also know that you're a Half-Filipino guy, and ---

"BREANNA PLEASE." I look at her, with my hands on my waist.

"And-your-favorite-song-from-your-album-is-GORILLA. Mom, did I say anything wrong?" She asked me.

To be honest, I don't know how to react but, this really sounds insane."

"Breanna, can you leave us for awhile please?!"

"B-b-buuutt?!"

"Please, just for a moment. Okay?"

"Awwwww." But she nodded.

And so Bruno and I left in the dining table.

"I know you're so tired of me, but I still want to say sorry for what happened yesterday, if you want to sue me, it's okay. I'm ready."

"Ha! No Natalie, it's no longer important."

"W-whyyyyyyy?! Well I know that's what you want to happen, when you see me after a long time. Am I right?! I exclaimed.

"So, what will happen to Breanna if I sue you? You'll be thrown in jail then you will see your daughter sacrificing? Are you out of your mind?"

"O-oh. Get your point." I said softly.

"So tell me, why you're here? You should be in the hospital right?" I added.

"I'm here to hear you Natalie."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnndddddddddddd?!"

"That's it."

I looked up to him. God, he look so serious. I don't know what to say or explain. It sounds so weird. I don't even understand what he's trying to tell me. Few days ago, we were talking the whole thing, and suddenly he got mad at me, he collapsed and I brought him to the hospital then NOW, he'll just knock my door, carrying my daughter, with a smile and ready to hear my whole explanation?! Does Bruno still taking drugs?!

"Natalie please. When I was on the hospital yesterday, I got nothing to do but to think what happened to us that moment. Well, I'm sorry too if I got mad, if I used to say harsh words to you. I want to talk to you peacefully. So tell me, why did you leave me? He asked.

"'Twas the biggest mistake of my life. I have fooled you to get money. And yeah, I was so disappointed to myself, because I let go of somebody who I really love. I can no longer blame myself, because that became my work for the past few years."

The room is filled with silence, but I still continue …

"I thought I will not love you, I thought you're just an ordinary guy, I was wrong .."

Bruno look at me, with his serious face ..

"I was wrong too. I was wrong to love you Natalie. I was wrong."

"That moment, when I leave you, and I stole everything from you, my conscience never stopped from reminding me that what I've done is stupid. And yeah, I continue what I've started, I continue my work as a prostitute. Until one day, I just discovered that I'm pregnant. And that's Breanna. I-I had nothing to do, because his father is just one of my clients, so I can't get any support form him. It hurts a lot. It hurts how I lie to my daughter that he still have his dad. But the hardest thing of it, is .. How can I give that father

figure to Breanna ..

I burst into tears while explaining the whole story. It's just that I cannot handle my feelings anymore.

"You don't have any idea for what I have sacrificed after I left you. You don't know, that I just want to live with a simple life, with my daughter Breanna, and even with you. But it's too late, you're no longer the Bruno before who I just met in the bar, it's you, the new BRUNO MARS, the rich and famous Peter Gene Hernandez. The guy behind the vocals of "Locked Out of Heaven", and "When I Was Your Man", the guy whose #1 on the charts nowadays, and the guy who inspire millions of people through your music. And now, I have nothing, but to be your fan. It hurts Bruno, when I go back to the past and I just remember all the good times with you compared to now, LOVE was changed into ANGER and DISAPPOINTMENT. Things changed a lot, now that you wrote that song "Natalie", for me, and you even called me a bitch. I had nothing to do, but to admit that I'm the most stupid girl for letting go of you."

--

</3