Chapter 53: Love (I)

Start from the beginning

"Jianming is really immoral! Xiaomin isn't ugly, and she gave birth to two children. Why can't he hold her dear in his heart? He always wants to spend all day outside."

"Men are like that. I heard that Xiaomin wanted to divorce him, but where can she go back? Her two brothers are already married. It's alright to stay for a day or two, and her sisters-in-law will treat her as a guest, but if she stays there indefinitely, they will treat her harshly. Besides, the child will have no father, how hard will it be in the future?"

"Xiaomin's temper is too fierce if she wanted a divorce after a fight. If they divorced, her parents won't be able to show their faces."

"Can't blame her, Jianming's not a good man."

He Xiaoyun listened silently. When she first arrived here last year, she suddenly had a husband and son out of thin air. She actually thought about divorce but felt that it will be difficult. Now, it seems that she did the right thing.

He Xiaoyun was glad that she met Wei Jianwei, not Wei Jianming.

Talk of the devil, and the devil will appear, there were some noises from the front yard. He Xiaoyun took a probing look and saw some men that borrowed tables and chairs from elsewhere, and they were placed in the front yard. Wei Jianwei was among them.

The man probably noticed her gaze as he looked up, he curled his lips upon meeting her gaze. He Xiaoyun didn't speak, lowered her head, and continued to wash the vegetables, but there was a subconscious smile on her mouth.

After setting up the tables and chairs, Wei Jianwei walked to the kitchen backyard.

He Xiaoyun didn't see him. It was the woman next to her who noticed: "Jianwei, what are you doing here? Xiaoyun is still busy."

"That's right," someone responded with a smile, "Xiaoyun has no time to talk to you."

He Xiaoyun raised her head to look at him, Wei Jianwei nodded and squatted down opposite her.

"What do you want?" He Xiaoyun asked him in a low voice under the eyes of others.

Wei Jianwei put his hand in his pocket.

"Open your mouth."

"Huh?" He Xiaoyun was puzzled and opened her mouth subconsciously. The next second, a sweet and soft thing was stuffed into her mouth. After chewing it, there was also the sweetness of honey and milk.

It was a wedding candy that Wei Jianwei specifically brought. He grabbed one, but he didn't eat it himself and kept it for her.

After feeding her, Wei Jianwei helped her pick the beans. When the others saw it, they couldn't help but joke. He Xiaoyun was a little embarrassed and urged Jianwei to do something else.

Wei Jianwei looked at ease and he didn't get up until someone in front called for him. It happened that Wang Chunhua called He Xiaoyun into a room to go over. As soon as she left, the kitchen backyard began to be filled with whispers.

"It seems that the two of them are very cordial, didn't they say that those two couldn't get along?"

"You're obsolete. When Jianwei came back last year, I often saw him and Xiaoyun taking their child for a walk. If there's no harmony between them, will Jianwei even bring Xiaoyun to the army?"

"Really? I lived far away and didn't meet them. Good thing that they're better now."

"What do we even know about this young couple? They will fight sometimes and reconcile. Jianwei was willing to spend money on his wife. Before Xiaoyun joined the army last year, he sent her a lot of good things. When the postman came, I saw all the big and small bags from him."