Chapter 49: Alone (I)

Waking up after taking a short nap is much better. He Xiaoyun was still in Wei Jianwei's arms, and his other hand was on her waist. She moved a little and listened to him ask, "Awake?"

Jianwei also had just woken up, his voice was a little muffled.

Wei Yuanhang was still asleep, He Xiaoyun slightly lowered her voice and asked, "Did you just awoke?"

"Well, it's still early, do you still want to sleep?"

He Xiaoyun shook her head, "No, I can't sleep for too long."

Having said that, the two did not get up immediately. They hugged each other quietly for a long while before He Xiaoyun sat up from his arms, "They should be cooking lunch now, I'll go and see, you can lie down for a while."

He Xiaoyun got dressed and went out, and saw Feng Qiuyue squatting in the yard by the water tank washing vegetables, while Wang Chunhua was peeling beans, and was about to start making lunch.

"Did you get enough sleep?" Wang Chunhua asked her.

He Xiaoyun nodded, and stepped forward to help peel the beans, "Where is Tingting?" Tingting is the baby's name.

"Sleeping in the house," Feng Qiuyue turned around, "Xiaoyuan hasn't gotten up yet?"

"Not yet, that little slacker, he won't get up without me shouting for him."

"It's normal for children to sleep a lot. When he's on my age, he can't easily fall asleep even if he wanted to." Wang Chunhua said.

Feng Qiuyue smiled and said, "Mom is still young."

"Old arms and legs, where am I young?" Wang Chunhua also smiled and asked He Xiaoyun, "Are you used to eating outside?"

"It's okay. It's me cooking anyway. In winter, the snow can reach as deep as my knees. It lasts for a few days. I can't get out of the house so I bake on the stove every day. "He Xiaoyun exaggerated.

"Where did it happen? Why didn't I see it?" Feng Qiuyue finished washing the vegetables and walked over to look at her pretentiously.

He Xiaoyun was angered slightly: "Sister-in-law is laughing at me."

Feng Qiuyue pretended to cry injustice: "I'm telling the truth. If you don't believe me, ask mom, is Xiaoyun more beautiful?"

Wang Chunhua smiled and said, "Pretty, you two are both beautiful."

"Who is pretty?" Aunt Zhang's voice came from outside the door.

He Xiaoyun turned her head and said hello: "Auntie is here."

Aunt Zhang smiled and said, "I was at home in the morning when Xiaoyuan suddenly ran in, it shocked me. I haven't seen him for half a year. He has grown a lot taller."

She took a closer look at He Xiaoyun again, and nodded as she looked, "I think Xiaoyun's changes are not small too, you smell like people from the city."

"Which city people are not city people? Anyway, we are all from Qingshuihe." He Xiaoyun got up and moved a chair, smiled, and asked Auntie Zhang to sit down.

"Jianwei is not at home?"

"He's resting in the room, when we took the train last night, he didn't sleep all night." He Xiaoyun pointed in the direction of the room.

"It's not easy for you three to come back." Aunt Zhang sighed.

Wang Chunhua took the pea kernels into the kitchen, and when she came out, she was holding candies in her hand, "Why didn't Yanyan come together with you?"