Chapter 35: Sleeping

Start from the beginning

Before long, Wei Jianwei came back with boiling water, holding a few aluminum lunch boxes in his hand.

He Xiaoyun got up and went to the kitchen to look for the plates and chopsticks, and decided to ask him: "Who was that just now?"

Wei Jianwei gave her a brief introduction.

There are three infantry battalions in their regiment. The commander of the first battalion is called Wang Liqiang. The one who just spoke is his lover. The commander of the second battalion is Lin Yuefei. His family is still in his hometown. Wei Jianwei is the commander of the third battalion.

He's the youngest of the three. From the total age of the other family wives, He Xiaoyun is also the youngest. In addition, there are also families of several deputy battalion commanders living in the army.

Xiaoyun pinched her index finger, it seems that there are not many people who she needs to deal with in the future.

<>

Opening the lunch box, there's rice, vegetables, and meat inside. The fragrant braised meat is oily and greasy, it whets people's appetites greatly.

After traveling all the way here, He Xiaoyun didn't have any appetite, but after smelling the meat, her belly immediately sang the empty city plan. (Her stomach growled in hunger.)

"It smells so good." Wei Yuanhang sniffed like a puppy.

He Xiaoyun set aside a small bowl of rice for him, and another bowl of meat and vegetables, and let the child eat by himself with a spoon.

The three of them sat at the table and ate alone for the first time. In the past, they have a lot of family members. He Xiaoyun finally understands a little bit of what He Xiaofen said before. The small families here close their doors and won't care about how others live.

Small family.

He Xiaoyun repeated the two words in her mind again and couldn't help but look up at Wei Yuanhang and then at Wei Jianwei.

Wei Yuanhang was trying harder to fight for more food. He didn't notice his mother's sight, but Wei Jianwei looked up almost when she turned her gaze at him.

"Is the food not to your appetite?" He asked.

"No." He Xiaoyun shook her head, "This sister's craftsmanship is very good."

"Let's hurry up, I'm a little sleepy."

He Xiaoyun lowered her head to concentrate on eating to show her determination to ignore the man's gaze. Wei Jianwei looked at her for a while before continuing to eat.

Halfway through the meal, Wei Yuanhang's eyelids flicked, his head drooped lower and lower, when his head was about to drop into the bowl, his little head suddenly lifted up again, in the next second, he stuffed a spoon into his mouth. After taking a bite of rice, his lips squirmed, and then his head began to droop again, lowering and lowering, and so on.

To eat the food, the child really struggled with sleepiness.

He Xiaoyun looked at the funny scene and stepped up to solve her son's problem. After helping the child eat the remaining few mouthfuls of food, she went to the duffel bag to look for clothes and towels and wash him.

While she settled the child on the bed, Wei Jianwei also washed the dishes and chopsticks.

When there's no child's voice in the room, it was a lot quieter, and the dim light flooded the room. He Xiaoyun suddenly felt a little uncomfortable. After walking two steps back and forth in the room, she asked him: "Well...Is there a shower room here?"