Chapter 24: Reluctant

Start from the beginning

She hurriedly stopped him, "You're just going to serve wine? Did your comrade-in-arms already eat breakfast?"

Seeing her so worried, Wei Jianwei said: "You're busy, you don't need to worry about him."

Listening to Wei Jianwei's tone, his friendship with that comrade-in-arms is very good. The person is willing to come all the way here, he shouldn't just feed the guest with fried peanuts, right?

He Xiaoyun was helpless with this man: "You should go out and talk to your guest first. I see what I can cook for now, at the least, I can whip out two snacks."

She took out a few eggs, fried a dish of egg, cut off a piece of bacon, and fry it with the garlic sprouts.

When her cooking was half done, Wang Chunhua came back. She hurried all the way back home when she heard someone that there was a guest at her home. Seeing the dishes in the pot, Wang Chunhua nodded, "The time you cooked in the rice planting, your fried bacon and garlic sprouts was delicious."

He Xiaoyun is embarrassed, "My cooking can't be compared to you, mother."

"It's not just me who praised it, but also your dad." Wang Chunhua said.

When the dishes are ready, He Xiaoyun took them to the hall.

Wei Jianwei and his comrades drank quietly. Most of the time, they talked in low voices.

Seeing her coming in with the plates, Lin Yuefei said hurriedly, "Sister-in-law, you don't need to give me some food."

He Xiaoyun smiled, "This is nothing, I just made it casually."

Wei Jianwei got up to take the plates and asked her, "Do you want to sit down with us?"

"I don't know how to drink. Should I sit and pretend to be wooden fish with the two of you?" He Xiaoyun joked: "You two can eat slowly, call me when you needed something."

Watching her leave, Lin Yuefei gave Wei Jianwei a thumbs up, "Old Wei, you really are blessed!"

Not only does she look good, but she also treats people decently. She can go to the hall and go to the kitchen to cook.

Wei Jianwei glanced at him, "Drink your wine."

Lin Yuefei smiled, "Why? You're not happy that I look at your wife? I can see your potential as a jealous husband. I really opened my eyes today. No wonder you've been hiding her before, not letting us people know... I won't say anything anymore, don't look at me that way, it's scary."

Lin Yuefei came today, mainly to talk to Wei Jianwei about their departure. The two of them had returned home from the army before, and of course, they would go together.

Lin Yuefei didn't stay in the Wei's house for too long and left before noon. Wang Chunhua couldn't keep him for dinner anymore.

"Xiaolin has bought so many things, it's so expensive." Wang Chunhua looked at the gift Lin Yuefei had brought. There were two bottles of wine, two boxes of cigarettes, and a pack of glutinous rice cakes, which cost a lot of money.

She put away the wine and cigarettes and gave the glutinous rice cake to He Xiaoyun, which was reserved for Wei Yuanhang to eat when he was hungry.

"What time did you negotiate with Xiaolin?" Wang Chunhua asked Wei Jianwei.

"The morning after tomorrow." Wei Jianwei said.

"Oh...there's only one day left." Wang Chunhua turned around and wiped the tabletop to conceal her red eyes.

Her son has been in the army for years.

He Xiaoyun stood nearby and Wei Yuanhang was leaning on her. The child seems to feel the emotions of the adults. Although he was greedy with the glutinous rice cake in his mother's hand, he was quiet for a while.