Chapter 14

14

The next day, Skylar and I decided to get our lazy asses up and go to work. But Skylar had to go back to her house first to get a change off clothes so for the first time in a million years I was the first one at the office.

When I got to the office, I walked over to her desk and trailed my hand along it, remembering the memories we've made on it which just made the dragons that live inside my tummy to awake.

It's funny how Skylar and I have such a bond, yet we still don't know what we are. I'm scared to ask her, and I'm sure she doesn't even want to label whatever is it that we have. But slowly, the feeling of being used again was resurfacing and I was so scared of that happening to me again. I just wanted to be happy.

I heard the office door open and I wondered how fast Skylar takes to get ready, but I was disappointed to see that it was just Mathew Renault. Honestly, I hated his guts, but i wasn't going to tell him that.

"Goodmorning, where is your boss?" He asked me as he closed the door behind him.

"She's a bit late today." I told him and he nodded while looking around the office. Today he had on a different colored suit with his hair gelled back with an enormous amount of gel it made me want to puke.

He stalked over to me, and then stood at an arms length.

"So you're the so called assistant huh? Mr Montgomery has told me a lot about you. Kinda wish he sent you to me though. I would fuck you every single day." He smirked, his face showing no disgust towards himself as his eyes trailed down my body. I took a few steps away from him, but the table behind me stopped me.

"Too bad though." He took a few steps towards me again. "Do you guys fuck?." He chuckled. His thoughts were disgusting. And even though Skylar and I do actually fuck, I just never took him for someone with such disgusting thoughts.

I didn't answer him, and just stared at him as my hand started searching for something to protect myself with in case he ever decided to come any closer.

"Mm I see. Skylar must be so lucky-"

"That's Ms Montgomery to you," I heard a voice say from behind Matthew and I took a sharp inhale before walking away from Matthew.  Thank God Skylar showed up, I don't know what that guy was planning to do if she took any longer.

"Ahh we were just talking about you." He flashed her his dazzling smile, but to me it was utterly disgusting.

"What are you doing in my office?" She walked over to her desk where she took a seat at her chair and folded her arms, her eyes glaring at Matthew.

"I was looking for you, my soon to be bride." He smiled and sat down on the chair opposite Skylar. Her gaze faltered from him to me, then back to Matthew again.

"What do you want?"

"Just came to check up on you is all." He said. "What? Can't I do that. You know we're getting married right?"

"I am not getting married to you." Skylar deadpanned, and I watched as Matthew's smile disappeared from his lips, replaced by a frown.

"It's because of this slut of yours right?" He pointed his finger at me. Skylar hit the table with both her hands and stood up, her eyes shooting daggers at the man sitting opposite her.

"Listen here, Mr Renault. Do not. Fuck with me okay? I can have your company shut down just by the snap of my finger. Now if you don't mind, the door is right behind you. Your face is annoying me."

Matthew watched Skylar for a while before he stood up, and fixed his blazer. "Ms Montgomery, you will get married to me. Whether you like it or not." He fixed his hair and turned to walk away, harshly shutting the door behind him.

Skylar sighed and her gaze turned to me. "He didn't do anything to you right?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

She walked over to where I stood to actually check for herself that he didn't do anything to me. She tucked my stray hair that fell out of my messy bun, then planted a short kiss on my lips.

"I brought food. You should eat." She said as she walked away to her table where there was a lunch bag on it. I actually didn't notice it when she came in. My eyes lit up as I walked over to the table and snatched the lunch bag away from her hands.

"Thank you. Ms Montgomery." I smiled as I opened it.

"Oh please." She rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"What? It's annoying now that I am doing it? L-O-L,"

"Nobody says that anymore," She stated and I shrugged before stuffing my face with food.

~¤~

The day dragged on, and before I knew it, it was time I went home. I fixed my table, and smiled a bit when I noticed Skylar was staring at me.

"What?"

"What what?"

I sighed. "Why are you looking at me like that." I asked her and this time, she stood up and walked over to where I stood. She placed her hands on my waist, and smiled down at me.

"I don't know. I just feel like staring at you for the rest of my life." She said and I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Ms Montgomery you can't be falling for me already. It's only been six months." I gasped and she laughed, before she leaned in and captured my lips in hers. I swear I literally melted in her arms. Skylar broke the kiss and looked at me with a smile on her lips.

"You should go home before it's dark outside." She said and I nodded before she let of me and I took my stuff.

"Bye Montgomery." I waved my hand and she smiled from where she stood.

"Bye Bishop."

I left her office with a smile on my face. Ever since what happened between us yesterday, she's been treating me so differently. Not like I mind at all, I loved it actually. It was like seeing I whole different side to her.

As I was walking in the hallway, I didn't notice I was being followed until I felt a hand harshly grab my arm amd pull me into an empty office, thier hand covering my mouth so I couldn't scream.

"We meet again, sweetheart." I heard his voice say and I struggled to push him away from me. His hands smelt nice, but it was now making me sick. It was none other than Matthew, the guy I hated with passion.

"Well I just came to warn you, you better stay away from Skylar. I know you two are fucking, I've seen you. What you're doing is disgusting, and I won't hesitate to hurt you, nor Skylar if I see you close to her again. Got it?" He said between gritted teeth as I struggled to move him away from me.

I bit down on his hand, hard, and he finally let go of me.

"You're sick." I said as I attempted to leave but he held my arm again, pressing me against the wall.

"You know what's sick? My grandma, because I purposely fed her glass. So if you want to live longer, you better stay away from Skylar. Oh, and don't tell Skylar about any of this, or you'll end up just like my grandma." He pushed me away once he was finished and fixed his blazer.

"Disgusting." He shook his head and walked out of the office, leaving me dumbfounded. Matthew is a fucking psycho and his words were driving me insane. What the fuck was that?