Chapter VIII

Chapter VII - Visit

"Excuse me miss, are you okay?" I heard a voice near me which snapped me out of my thoughs. I flinched back and looked to see a woman on my right. She looked concerned as she looked at me. I cleared my throat as I realised I zoned out while looking at myself in the mirror. Embarrasing...

"I'm okay, thank you ma'am. I just zoned out" I gave her an innocent smile while my eyes were closed. She nodded and I passed her and left the bathroom. I sighed, bumping my back on the wall near the bathroom. I leaned my back on it as I tried to find any familiar face among the crowd. I decided to look for Nikolai as I was supposed to. As we were playing around the casino, he told me I can call him another name, which was Kolya. I got used to calling him Nikolai though.

I saw him still talking to someone outside from the window which was next to the entrence. I decided to wait for him where we were sitting earlier. I jumped on my previous barstool and realized... My plushie is gone.

I opened my eyes widly trying to find it anywhere close. I panicked. It was the first thing Nikolai gave me, I didn't want to lose it. As I saw the bartender, I immediately asked him if he saw my plushie. He said that some old guy took it, he also added that guy was with a young brunette girl. I thanked him and started to look for that guy around the crowd in the main hall.

"Have you seen where he was going?" I asked the bartender. He nodded his head as he was cleaning a glass.

"He went to the left, probably to his room" He answered.

"Thank you! And uh, if you'll see a clown with white braided hair, tell him I went to look for that guy, okay?" I quickly spoke once again as the wave of anxiety hit my body. He nodded once again and I rushed towards the left. I've been trying to avoid the crowd, which was bit hard, but eventually I managed to find myself in a hallway. Far away in the distance, I could see a tall man with a young kid. I ran their way and stopped in front of them. The man looked pretty scary and that little girl was shaking. She looked scared which made me troubled, but I started to speak about what I came here for.

"Sir, you stole my teddy bear" I crossed my arms while pointing to a plushie in his hand.

"Back off, I found it on a counter all alone. You should keep an eye on your stuff. I got it for this little girl" I blinked twice at him as he was saying his stuff.

"Also, you're not a kid to play with plushies" He added commenting. I frowned at him in annoyance.

"That doesn't mean you can steal someone's things!" I shouted clearly unamused by the man's actions.

"Ma'am..." The girl whimpered suddenly. The man automatically covered her mouth with his hand whispering something to her. A tears started forming in her eyes and I looked at her surprised with a shade of worry.

"Is this your kid?" I asked glaring at the man.

"Yes! What kind of question is that? She's my daughter" He said furiously.

"Well, she doesn't even look alike. Also, you look like your 50 to 60 years old. I wouldn't say a man with your age has such a young daughter" I said glancing down at the girl which had a surprised look on her face.

"That's why I'm asking, is this your kid?" I repeated in a drier tone. A sweat fell from his forehead as a nervous frown appeared on his face. Without even a word the girl escaped from his embrace and ran off to me hugging my leg tightly.

"This man... H-he kidnapped me a-and-..." She sobbed quietly as she clenched into me. She couldn't finish her sentences during to the emotions which accompanied her.

"Shhh, it's okay, you're safe now" I assured her whispering softly loud enough for her to hear.

"Stay behind me" I quickly added whispering once again. She nodded and passed me and stood behind me leaning out to see what I would do.
I teleported behind the man and tug on his collar. With the strength I had, I threw him behind by the collar. He landed on his back hissing. He sat up immediately looking at me annoyed.

"What a-are y-?" He wanted to say but I cut him off.

"Are you insane? Kidnapping a damn kid!" I shouted as I walked towards him and grabbed his hair and lifted him in the air by his hair.

"You're a digusting and despicable bastard" I said as he was groaning in pain. I threw him sideways as he hit the wall with his body and fell to the ground. I glared at him from up and turned to the girl with a soft smile. She was looking at me like I was her saviour, but soon enough her expression turned to horror. I immediately turned around to see the man rushing towards me with a knife in his hand. He was about to stab me if someone didn't... Shot him. I quickly covered the girl's eyes as the man's body fell on the ground in front of me.
I knelt next to her as my sight went up to the figure which were walking out of the shadow. My eyes opened widly as I realized the person who was now standing in front of me.

.
.
.

The chapter is so short goddamit😭