chapter one hundred and eighteen

Începe de la început

Renjun giggles at the kids. "They're so cute."

The teen nods."Most of them are."

"Most of them?"

"It's hard to find the troublemakers and the loud ones cute."

"True", Lena agrees. "My little brother was cute until he learned how to annoy me."

"So", Minjae starts, trying to make conversation. "I heard you're gonna take pictures of us."

"Yes. Dana told me she wanted your profiles updated soon and styling for photoshoots is one of my favorite things to do."

"It sounds fun", Lena says.

"Affinity, come back here with that!"

A young girl runs past the three, laughing, followed by a familiar red-haired teenager.

"Hello", Haeun says, not really looking at the guests as she scans the room for the girl.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Nice to see you again."

"Huh?" Haeun finally looks at three and realizes that one of them is the man who paid for her groceries once. "You're the designer?"

"That would be me."

"It's really nice of you to do this. I have to go find that girl." She turns to Minjae. "If you see Affinity, please stop her from eating that ice cream. She hasn't had lunch yet."

"She's probably eating it right now."

Haeun groans. "Where's Reese?"

"Probably hiding with Affinity", Alya answers, joining them. She waves at Renjun and Lena. "Hi and hi again."

Renjun chuckles. "Hi again."

"Hi."

"It was nice to see you. We have to go hunt down children."

"Wait, me too?" Alya asks.

"Yes, you too." Haeun grabs her hand and sends one last smile at the trio before pulling her away.

Minjae continues showing Renjun and Lena around and introducing them to the kids they come across. When Minjae sees Reese, she flags him over.

"If you're gonna ask me where Affinity is, I don't know and by the way, I told her not to eat the ice cream."

"I thought you were the voice of reason."

The boy sighs. "I try." He finally notices the two adults behind the girl. "Oh, hi."

"Hi."

"Hi."

Affinity appears and clings onto Reese. "Reese, you know you're my best friend, right?"

"What do you want?"

Renjun, Lena, and Minjae laugh.

Affinity pouts. "I have to do the dishes. Help me, please."

"No."

"Why?"

"It's your fault you have to do them."

"You're no help."

She turns her attention to Minjae and clings onto her instead. "Minjae, will you help me, please?"

I don't really want to

Affinity keeps staring at her, giving her puppy eyes, pleading, causing the teen to sigh. "Fine."