22

minho watched in silence as changbin happily giggle to himself nonstop, his eyes had been glued to his phone almost the entire day. thousand of confused thoughts came rushing through minho's mind, only blinking rapidly in response.

what's been going with changbin lately? he's been strangely in a joyful mood, which don't get him wrong, it wasn't a bad thing. he just didn't understand, the other day the other had came crying to him about chan.

and now, he was fine? all perfectly happy and giggly? something's definitely up, and he wasn't sure why. should he just go and ask? whatever the reason could be, minho was relieved changbin was no longer upset or crying.

"changbin." minho called out, walking over to changbin's bed.

changbin, on the other hand, didn't seem to hear him as his entire attention was still on his phone. his smile only grew wider, his eyes sparkling in pure euphoria.

"changbin?" he called out again - this time much louder. it wasn't until he earned no response, to which he decided to just raise his voice. "changbin!"

the said male unknowingly flinched, immediately snapping back into reality. changbin jolted up from his bed, his eyes finally averting towards minho. "y—you scared me!" he exclaimed.

"not my fault someone's been ignoring me," minho playfully rolled his eyes, before taking a seat on his bed. "i've been calling your name for a few times already and you didn't even hear me."

"w—well, i was too occupied with something!" changbin attempted to reason back.

his cheeks were unusually flustered, almost red. minho blinked once again at this. "and what's been so important that you continued to ignore me?" he curiously asked.

it wasn't a lie that minho was curious, he wanted to know what's been going on with him these days. it was like his mind has been wondering elsewhere, had he forgotten about what happened a few days ago?

when he'd came crying to him? about chan? or when he'd heard about hyunjin suddenly leaving the university with no words? had he forgotten all of that?

"i wanna tell you but... i'm scared you're gonna get mad." changbin mumbled, his voice filled with nothing but uncertainty.

truth is, how is he gonna tell minho that he's dating chan now? especially after what he'd told him about a few days ago? maybe explaining to him the actual reason would happen? he won't get mad about it, right?

he didn't know, he was anxious. he was worried that minho wouldn't approve of their relationship after having cried about him the other day. neither does he want his best friend to always be worrying about him. 

but, minho's his best friend after all. should he just tell him?

"what's there for me to be mad about though? if whatever it is making you happy, then there wouldn't be any reason for me to be right?" minho continued to ask, completely bewildered.

"well, that's true but..." changbin gulped. "there's a reason why i'm saying that. j—just promise me, you won't get mad at me okay?" 

minho didn't understand why he was saying that, but nonetheless nodded. whatever it is, he wanted to support him no matter what. it wasn't gonna be that bad, right?

"i'd never get mad at you." minho smiled, reassuring the boy.

and with that, changbin nervously gulped once more and took a deep breath. "this might be surprising but... i—i'm dating chan hyung now." he hiccupped, not knowing how minho would react or respond to it.

the moment minho heard what he said, his eyes only grew wider in shock. what did he just say? was he hearing this right? he's what? 

"you, what?" he blinked slowly.