04

ever since changbin had met chan, it wasn't a lie that there was something about him that stood out from the rest, and he couldn't quite figure it out. it wasn't just about chan's most surreal beauty that lit up, it was something else.

changbin couldn't really put his finger on it but he was starting to notice how warm-hearted and friendly chan really is. from the day he shook his hand to the day when chan first spoke to him outside class, his personality stood out a lot.

he wasn't like the other juniors, who mostly just like spending their time taking the fun of bullying the freshmen. no, chan wasn't like the others; he was someone different, someone entirely the opposite.

it wasn't a lie that there was a part of him that was thankful for it, he really succeeded in making him more comfortable and relaxed. besides from only having minho around, he could finally say that he is someone he can also rely on.

and changbin was glad to have chan in his class.

"hi changbin." a voice brought both minho and changbin's attention as they were leaving the dorm, making changbin turn to come face to a smiling chan. 

"o-oh hey, chan hyung." changbin replied, smiling shyly at how he wasn't used to addressing chan like this. he didn't think he'd be calling someone older than him that just after they had first met.

"where are you going right now?" chan asked with a wide smile.

"oh, me and minho are gonna get something to eat right now. we're hungry." changbin answered without hesitation, despite another part of him wondering why chan was just standing right outside their dorm.

but he decided to just dismiss it, it probably wasn't a big deal anyways. not that chan didn't know where their dorms were, he was just surprised to see him suddenly there. as if he was just waiting for them to come out.

"sounds good, me too. is it okay if i join you?" chan boldly asked, coming straight to the point.

"oh! um..." changbin trailed off, turning around to face minho for a moment.

this drew minho's attention to him while also giving him a unreadable look. only turning around to face chan with a smile, changbin just nodded. "sure."

"great! let's go." chan smiled even wider, making him nod in response.

as they left the dorms to make their way to the dining hall, countless thoughts ran through changbin's mind as he walked with chan right beside him. 'maybe he wanna get closer with me?' the only conclusion came to his head.

"changbin," minho abruptly whispered, making changbin turn to lean forwards. "why was he suddenly outside our dorm?" he asked, gesturing right over to chan.

changbin only shrugged, not knowing the answer to himself. "maybe he wanna eat with us?" he only suggested, honestly not that bothered with it.

he probably thought that chan wanted to get closer to him. which, of course, that was completely fine with him. he didn't seem to mind it that much, he just wasn't expecting to see chan right outside.

"say," minho added, his eyes shifting to chan a bit nervously. "i wanna tell you something-"

"so, tell me about yourself. changbin," chan interrupted out of nowhere, snapping both attention to him. "i wanna know more about you."

"o-oh urm, what is it you wanna know about?" changbin smiled innocently at him.

chan only looked into changbin's eyes deeply as he paused for a moment. after moments of just staring silently at him, he only smiled even wider. "hmm, anything. your interests, dislikes, hobbies. anything you like to share."