02

changbin rolled his eyes for the fourth time, currently on the phone with his mother. it was early in the morning and he was exhausted; after all, he had been woken up by the sound of his phone ringing out of the blue.

but i guess it was a good alarm clock to him, changbin needed to wake up soon anyways. today was the day he needed to move in the dorms, he was gonna start university next week.

"yeah i know, i'll be fine." changbin reassured his mother while getting dressed, currently fixing his hair and styling it.

"are you sure? did you hear what they said on the news?" his mother replied, her voice sounding worried and concerned.

changbin furrowed his eyebrow in confusion, wondering what she was talking about. "what do you mean? what about the news?" he asked her.

only receiving a heavy sigh of concern, her voice slightly trembled. "yesterday, in seoul, a man was murdered. his body was found in the olympic park this morning."

"what?" changbin slightly widened his eyes in shock, unable to believe it.

did that really happen? just when? and how? with countless, confused questions invading his head, changbin nervously gulped. "what did they say about it?"

"the police said it most likely happened last night judging by how the blood was still a bit wet. it seemed like the body had been there for a few hours." she said. "but they haven't found a clue on who it could be yet."

"there should be any witnesses right? there has to be something." changbin argued, suddenly feeling a bit anxious about the case.

"they even checked the cctv, it appeared that the murderer must've tampered with it. it showed them the cameras before the accident and then immediately skipped to the dead body. that person must be quite intelligent to avoid any leads." his mother explained.

when changbin was done fixing his hair, he quickly got up and sat down on the couch and turned the tv on. "we have some breaking news. the man, whom his family claimed to be was called kang jinseok, aged 37, was murdered at the olympic park last night. no one has any clue on who the murderer could be as of right now, the accident most likely happened around 4am-"

"it can't be..." changbin slowly stood up, eyes widening in nothing but utter shock.

"are you watching it right now? it must've been so traumatising for his family, to see his wife lose a husband and his children losing their father." his mother said on the phone. "listen here changbin, you got to be careful once you get to seoul okay? the murderer is still on the loose and he could literally be lurking around in the neighbourhood. you hear me right? just promise me you'll be fine and unharmed." she worriedly called out.

changbin didn't say anything for a moment, unable to believe what was going on. how could this be? why did it have to happen in seoul? where he was gonna go for university.

with his mother worried sick for his safety and the murderer still somewhere in seoul, changbin hoped he would still be safe. "okay, mother. i'll be careful, don't worry about me." he reassured, softly smiling despite her unable to see it.

there was silence on the other side of the phone, before hearing a deep sigh from her. "okay my son... just make sure you eat and take care of yourself. don't go out later in the night okay? who knows where the murderer could be, he could literally be targeting you next!"

"don't worry mother, i'll be fine. just make sure you're taking care of yourself too. i'll keep you updated once i get to university." changbin smiled, also feeling concerned for his mum.

"i will, my baby, make sure you study hard and don't slack off. you can hang out with your friends but don't overdo it." she lectured, making him chuckle.