Rachel gave Percy a sideways glance. Percy sighed. "I'll stop her. Nihil made me her apprentice."

"What does that even mean?" Reyna asked. "And why should we trust you? Who even are you? You just appeared out of nowhere."

Percy could see the doubt in everyone's eyes. But that was the least of Percy's concern. What Percy was more worried about was how his friends would react if they knew the truth.

"I . . ."

They waited for Percy to say something.

"I need some air." Percy said as he got up and left. Was Percy scared of what was going to happen? Was he scared of facing his friends?

As he exited the Big House, Rachel caught up to him. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I can't do this." Percy said miserably. "They can't know who I am. If they knew what I did, they're going to hate me."

"First of all, in case you didn't notice, the whole world is at stake here." Rachel said. "Secondly, you have to tell them. We need their help."

Percy shook his head. "I can't."

"You have to." Rachel said. "You can't just run away from them."

Percy was getting frustrated. Not at Rachel, not at his friends, not at Nihil, not even at Gaia. He was getting frustrated and angry at himself.

"I can't guarantee that they won't be upset." Rachel said. "But I think they'd prefer it if you tell it to them directly rather than finding out themselves." Rachel gave Percy a hug.

"I know it's hard." Rachel said as she stepped away. "But they're your friends. They're our friends. They deserve to know."

Percy took a few deep breaths. "Okay. Thank you, Rachel."

Percy and Rachel went back inside. Percy mentally braced himself as he prepared to tell them everything.

"My name is Percy Jackson." Percy said to everyone. "And I'm a son of Poseidon."

"I thought-" Annabeth wanted to say but she held back and let Percy talk.

"I was twelve when I first went to Camp Half-Blood. Because of the first big prophecy, everyone and everything wanted to kill me. This led to a series of events that eventually leads to the Battle of Manhattan." Percy said.

"You were in the Battle of Manhattan?" Annabeth asked.

"We were in that battle." Percy said. "We defended Manhattan from Kronos. We fought the final battle in the throne room."

Annabeth gasped. "How did you . . . You were there?"

Percy nodded. "Just like how I was there before you went on your quest for Athena Parthenos." Percy said sadly. "And how I was there when we went through Tartarus together."

"Wait, so you're part of the Seven?" Reyna asked.

Again, Percy nodded. "We were friends before this. Before . . ."

"Before what?" Annabeth asked.

Percy couldn't find the words for it. He was scared. Then he felt a gentle squeeze on his hand as Rachel gave him a reassuring smile.

Percy took a deep breath. "Before all of your memories disappeared. During the final battle with Gaia, she and I talked. She said that there was a bigger threat looming and she suggested that the two of us would work together to get rid of the threat, but under one condition." Percy said. "Everyone will forget I ever existed. No one will remember me. No one will know who I am."