25 (final)

"So why couldn't we take a cab?"

"Because it gets crowded at a certain spot!"

"Oh? OKAY THEN..."

I continued to follow him, and he had this giant smirk. "What is with that look?" I laughed. He turned to me, still smiling, and I knew he was up to something. "Well, you only think that everyone at my place looks punk, but I will prove you wrong!" He laughed. It sounded maniacal, and it caused me to laugh. I continued to follow him, a bit confused, and we turned a corner.

He stopped me where I was, blocking my view. Arthur looked determined and even began crossing his arms. "BEHOLD! MY HOTSPOT!" He cheered. I followed his arms as he stuck them out, seeing an arched sign above him. It read, "Carnaby Street," in bold letters. I looked back down at him, confused. So... he decided to take me to a marketplace?

"Oh, don't give me that look; you haven't even seen it!"

"Arthur, what are you—"

I stopped talking as I saw a few people walking in. They were somehow the embodiment of what were the swinging sixties. The women wore colorful mini skirts and had long blonde hair and bold makeup. "See! Come on! Everyone dresses like that here!" He cheered. Arthur moved to the side so I could see through the entrance, and it was groovier than I thought it would be. His people were dressed in bright colors, the buildings were painted in bright colors, and I was able to hear some of his music blaring from a radio nearby.

Some of his people were dancing, some were talking and laughing, and others were seen through shop windows trying on flowing dresses and bell bottoms. The men wore vests and polka dots.

The hairstyles were long and wavy, some short and straight. I think it was finally processing in my brain why England was considered the capital of the swinging sixties and fashion. "How? How did all of this become so popular?" I asked, shocked. Arthur followed beside me as we walked through the entrance. Women were wearing white gogo boots, oversized white sunglasses, and headbands; I was in awe.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure..." He started. He looked around at everyone with a smile on his face. "It mostly started with some of the reform, and then I wanted to change the way I dressed, and it got popular! People wanted to wear bright colors, and then the Beatles debuted and got famous, and their style was similar to what the young people liked, and well, it was a ripple effect! I can't really explain how it happened. However, it's the seventies now, and everything has been enhanced. I'm honestly surprised myself," he laughed.

I looked around some more and could clearly hear the music playing. "I do admit...that many of the colors I wore for some time were inspired by that light blue you always wore...embarrassing, but it went with everything," he laughed. I could see his face turn a bit red, making me smile. It had been so long since I had seen him get this type of flustered.

We both continued to walk and the deeper we went in, the more bright it was. "I stayed hidden in my own bubble for a while because I didn't want anyone judging some of the things I was doing. My government legalized same-sex relations, and it was amazing for my people! They were happy! However, I knew other countries stared at me with disgust. My way of talking changed, and I picked up new slang, which surprised many. When I finally showed myself again, it was like leaving my comfort zone. Then I saw you, and well, you didn't respond to my style the way I hoped you would....but hey...I've been snarky to you, so it was expected," he spoke.

I felt bad about everything; I had constantly attacked something he loved. I really am the worst. I don't deserve his feelings, and he is too good for mine. "I'm sorry; I think I was still trying to figure things out, but I've made up my mind finally! I know what I want! However, I'm not worthy of it," I explained.