3

Finally, some French music began to play. Now I didn't have to see him smirking at me as a song from his country began to play. "So, what's with the look?" Alfred asked. Arthur had begun smoking, and it only annoyed me more. He wasn't attractive at all. I can't believe he turned out like this.

"Ehh, nothing crazy about it. Many people at my place dress like this, so it's not odd," Arthur spoke. Well, he was right about that. If it was normal at our places, it was normal to us. I hadn't said anything else, and it was because I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be around this new person; I wanted the old Arthur.

He turned to look at me, staring at me intensely. Wow, what is his deal? He was so proper before, and now he seems rude. Grrr, he doesn't have my affection at all; more like my annoyance. "Are you done staring at me? Or are you still trying to soak it in? I can tell by that look you are giving me. If you don't like it, you can leave. I am trying to catch up with the boys..."

"Eh? I didn't say anything!"

"As I said, you are looking at me a certain way! You don't need to say anything!"

"How could you expect me not to look at you a certain way? Look at you!"

"Eh? Why do you care so much? I've seen you wear horrendous things before, and I never say a thing!"

"That is a lie! I wear nothing but the nicest things!"

"Yeah? Like your outfit now? You look like a slut!"

"A slut? Me? You look like you are into BDSM!"

"Eh? Stop it! Wipe that nasty look off your stupid face!"

"Arthur, you are the one with the nasty look!"

"Guys, can't we get along—"

"Oh please, how far you've gotten in life amazes me! The people who tolerate you daily are the real heroes!"

"Ugh! I am leaving. I am tired of you already!"

"Thank god! We don't need a French idiot with a bad attitude! Go feed your own ego because I sure as hell am not doing it!"

"That is great coming from you! You are so cocky right now. It is amazing how you function!"

"Baby, it sounds like you are jealous!"

"Don't call me baby!"

We had both stood up, getting closer to each other. Alfred and Matthew looked like they didn't know what to do, which was fine. I don't need them getting in the way when I punch him. "Oh? You don't like that nickname? I have plenty of others you might like instead, BABY!"

No...

I can't do this...

I can't let him control me.

I turned to Matthew and Alfred, and they looked at me concerned. "I am leaving, it was nice seeing you all, and I hope you enjoy your time at my place. Arthur...see you never! Come find me when you are ready to be an adult!"

"Me? You are the one acting a fool! Always emotional, I see! Whatever! We don't need you here! Go ahead! Leave!"

I rolled my eyes at what he said and continued to gather myself. "Okay...well, we can call you later," Matthew added. I nodded at them and noticed Arthur staring as I was leaving. This was ridiculous.

I won't accept how much he's changed.

As I started to walk away, I could hear Arthur telling the boys he would be back. I'm sure he was going to try and talk to me. I began walking faster, making my way out of the pub.

"OI!" He called.

"I thought you wanted me to leave?"

"OIII!"

I could hear his footsteps coming closer until he grabbed me. "Ugh! What do you want?!" I shouted. I turned to look at him, and all he could do was cross his arms. Looking at him was so odd. He was such a cute child back then. He was so messy, with leaves just sticking out of his hair because he loved to roll around the ground. He wore that green cloak and those brown trousers all the time. We didn't spend much time together as friends when we were younger, but I saw him during the Middle Ages.

I always messed with him purposely until the Crusades and then the Hundred Years, when we started physically going at it with each other. "Come on, I was only messing with you, don't be such a twat; I just wanted to see how much I could get away with," he laughed.

"You really aren't helping yourself," I spoke.

He laughed at what I said, coming closer. "I can tell you don't like how I look, but you need to understand that I don't care. This is me now, and either you can accept it, or you won't be in the remainder of my life," he spoke. He tilted his head at me, and I rolled my eyes.

As if I'd want to be around someone as obnoxious as him.

"Pfft, as if. You'd probably miss me!"

"Miss you? Excuse me, last time I checked; I was doing just fine without you!"

"You are unbelievable! So full of yourself now!"

"Hmmm? I am definitely full of something, but it isn't myself," he smiled. I looked at him, confused, and felt him put an arm around me. "How about we go on a date? My treat?" He asked. My eyes widened at what he asked, and I quickly separated. "Huh?" I asked, shocked. He rolled his eyes at my reaction, shaking his head.

He was so forward! Nothing like how he was twenty years ago...or ever! "Don't be a baby; I meant it as friends; no need to cream your pants!" He mocked. I glared at him, and he put his arm around me again.

"Why you—"

"Me what? Am I guessing you are rejecting me?  That's a bit of a surprise; I was sure you'd have a hard-on once seeing me."

"Pfft, ass if anyone woul—"

"Ah, maybe I was wrong about this whole thing then. You seem not to like me at all! You don't, do you? Be honest, Francis!" He began pulling my hair, and I glared as we walked beside each other. What? What was he trying to imply? He was gone for years, and he had changed. Was it so bad that I also changed my mind about him a few minutes ago? Or does that make me an asshole?

"I don't. Actually, you are quite annoying..."

"Ah, is it sexy annoying?"

"NO! It's annoying annoying!"

I pulled away once more, and he crossed his arms. "You are serious about this? You don't want anything to do with me?" He asked. I was silent for a moment, thinking. The plan was for him to confess first, and I couldn't back out because he looked like a punk.

He looked like you could stick paper in the spikes of his hair. He looked like he had mommy issues as a child. He looked as if he wanted everyone's attention. Also, he looked like someone I wanted to punch in the face.

No...

I may not be attracted to him like this, but there was no doubt that he probably had feelings for me still. I was going to win this round easily. "Hmmm, you may be right. I think I was just extremely jealous of you. How about we start over? Would you like to come over to my place?" I smiled. He smiled back at me, and I badly wanted to laugh my villain and maniacal laugh. The laugh that I used when I was up to no good.

"Alright then, do you live in the same home?"

"Yes! Come by tomorrow! We will have a blast!"

I couldn't help but imagine myself rubbing my hands together and laughing evilly. Check and Mate!